10.6 Installed. Can't get ALC662 Sound Chipset to work.

omnichad

4 posts in this topic

I've got a successful install going of Snow Leopard, and everything except sound working.

My motherboard is a Biostar TA780G M2+ with a SB700 Southbridge, using the ALC662 sound codec.

So far, nothing works for me to get sound.

I have tried VoodooHDA 64-bit, and get choppy, static-filled noisy audio.

I have tried HDEFenabler which does nothing for me.

I tried to patch my DSDT and that failed miserably. 200+ errors that I don't know how to fix.

My leopard install works fine. I had manually patched AppleHDA.kext using instructions long lost. But of course I can't use that patched kext in 64-bit Snow Leopard.

Does anyone have working sound with an ALC662 sound chip? Anyone know what I'm missing?

I've got a successful install going of Snow Leopard, and everything except sound working.

My motherboard is a Biostar TA780G M2+ with a SB700 Southbridge, using the ALC662 sound codec.

So far, nothing works for me to get sound.

I have tried VoodooHDA 64-bit, and get choppy, static-filled noisy audio.

I have tried HDEFenabler which does nothing for me.

I tried to patch my DSDT and that failed miserably. 200+ errors that I don't know how to fix.

My leopard install works fine. I had manually patched AppleHDA.kext using instructions long lost. But of course I can't use that patched kext in 64-bit Snow Leopard.

Does anyone have working sound with an ALC662 sound chip? Anyone know what I'm missing?

VoodooHDA works fine for my buddies 662.

There is a script to fix choppy sound after sleep by unloading and loading voodoohda kext. It is really easy. Its called sleepwalker and you need a custom script to get that setup. 2 minutes from start to finish.

VoodooHDA works fine for my buddies 662.

There is a script to fix choppy sound after sleep by unloading and loading voodoohda kext. It is really easy. Its called sleepwalker and you need a custom script to get that setup. 2 minutes from start to finish.

My PC never went to sleep. This is on a fresh boot.