Error installing on a Snow Leopard on a supermicro server

masonjames

2 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm working on getting a Supermicro MBD-X8DAH+-0 server board with Intel's Xeon 5520 processors working. Pretty excited about it, but I'm getting a kernel panic when I'm trying to install.

I'm using Netkas' 10.3 version of the Chameleon 2 RC3 bootloader on a thumb drive which also has a restored image of SL 10.6

Here's what the screen looks like when I get an error message:

IMG_7219.JPG

Sorry it's a crappy picture, but it refers to a couple apple kexts in particular right before the error. I know the chipset is ICH10R. Anybody know if this will work with the vanilla kernel? I've got a custom smbios.plist and com.apple.Boot.plist file that is set up for my system (I think).

I first tried only these custom kexts:

LegacyHDAController.kext

LegacyHdAPlatformDriver.kext

When that failed, I tried these:

LegacyHDAController.kext

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

Should I be using any others? I've put together some hackintosh pcs before, but never one this different from the popular configs (ep45, ex58, etc). Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

-masonjames

Hey all,

I'm working on getting a Supermicro MBD-X8DAH+-0 server board with Intel's Xeon 5520 processors working. Pretty excited about it, but I'm getting a kernel panic when I'm trying to install.

I'm using Netkas' 10.3 version of the Chameleon 2 RC3 bootloader on a thumb drive which also has a restored image of SL 10.6

Here's what the screen looks like when I get an error message:

IMG_7219.JPG

Sorry it's a crappy picture, but it refers to a couple apple kexts in particular right before the error. I know the chipset is ICH10R. Anybody know if this will work with the vanilla kernel? I've got a custom smbios.plist and com.apple.Boot.plist file that is set up for my system (I think).

I first tried only these custom kexts:

LegacyHDAController.kext

When that failed, I tried these:

LegacyHDAController.kext

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

Should I be using any others? I've put together some hackintosh pcs before, but never one this different from the popular configs (ep45, ex58, etc). Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

-masonjames

bump