Success with HP g60-445dx?

3 posts in this topic

Been gone from here for a while. Used to have an IBM thinkpad. Now have an HP G60-445DX with AMD Turion X2 and Nvidia 8200M. From some cursory browsing I'm seeing some mixed success stories with the HP g60 series. Has anyone had any success with the 445dx? Or perhaps similar configuration?

Thank you.

• 3 months later...
<br />Been gone from here for a while. Used to have an IBM thinkpad. Now have an HP G60-445DX with AMD Turion X2 and Nvidia 8200M. From some cursory browsing I'm seeing some mixed success stories with the HP g60 series. Has anyone had any success with the 445dx? Or perhaps similar configuration? <br /><br />Thank you.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I have this same notebook. No OS X disc I've tried has survived much beyond the boot loader. I'm sure curious about this model!

• 4 months later...

Haven't been able to figure much out about this. Most discs just restart at bootloader. Only way I could get in is using iDeneb lite 10.5.8 on usb. Even with that you can't see your hard disks and would have to install on another usb drive. Have been able to boot some discs from an external dvd drive but the same problem happens at install, no hard drives.

Also forgot to add this, I had to have a usb keyboard and mouse hooked up just to get past any bootloader.