(Nearly) successful

blahsucks

3 posts in this topic

Okay, I got OSX86 working with the standard dd method. It works near perfectly with the TPM extension deleted and VESA. I have Internet access. Everything runs, but Safari crashes, of course.

Specs:

Dell Dimension 4550 (I have mostly cheap PCs, and this was the most powerful one) from March 2003

256MB RAM (it does run decently)

60GB main, 20GB mac

P6 Northwood SSE2 - 2.53GHz

Windows 2000 Pro (this machine has also run DOS (with netdrivers and a web browser), BeOS, Mandrake Linux, Redhat/Fedora Linux, Gentoo Linux, Knoppix, Damn Small Linux, Debian Linux, Windows NT 3.51, Windows XP Pro, Windows 1.01 (don't ask), and BeOS, all networked with Web connections (besides Win1.01)). I switch OSs about every two weeks, but I keep my permanent Win2k install.

I can boot it from both GRUB and the 2k loader. It works like a charm.

"Okay, I got OSX86 working with the standard dd method. It works near perfectly with the TPM extension deleted and VESA. I have Internet access. Everything runs, but Safari crashes, of course."

I believe Safari uses SSE3; hence the crash. Try maxxusses patch for emulating sse3 instructions in SSE2, not only does it WORK the majority of the time, but Maxusss was nice enough to have an UNINSTALLER script included. If another method should arise, run the uninstall script and you get the original layout without having to reinstall.

-Straylight