iPC 10.5.6 Installation Failing after first (real) boot

BMWFan

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've successfully installed both Kalyway and iPC versions of OS X on both an AMD desktop and most recently a Dell 600m laptop, but my latest venture is giving me fits.

I have an older Dell 8500, Pentium 4 M 2.2GHz, NVidia GeForce 4200 Go, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, Broadcom Ethernet and Dell 1350 Wifi.

My drive is partitioned into 3; first is the Mac Journaled partition, second is the XP boot and the 3rd is my data.

I'm able to install OSX, it seems just fine. Upon the first boot I go into command line mode (-F etc), do a fsck, mount / and edit the plist to set my graphics @ 1680x1050x32 and reboot. (btw, even if I don't do any of this I still get the behaviour below).

Upon this reboot, the screen displays the Apple logo and spinning gears. Next thing, the gears stop spinning but the intro audio music starts playing in the background but the image on the screen doesn't change. It's like the screen has hung but the "set up your computer" procedure has began.

I tried not setting a video driver as well as using AGPpart and even NVidia Legacy drivers from the installation options. Nothing is working.

Anyone got any ideas? TIA.

Boot with -v flag. e.g. boot>F8>-v This must force the OS X to boot in a verbose mode (-v stands for verbose), this mean no "spinning gears" must be displayed whatsoever. A pure text messages till the login screen (the blue screen).

Boot with -v flag. e.g. boot>F8>-v This must force the OS X to boot in a verbose mode (-v stands for verbose), this mean no "spinning gears" must be displayed whatsoever. A pure text messages till the login screen (the blue screen).

It stops at AGPINTEL: aperture [f000000, 04000000]

and just sits there. ??

Replace the AGPIntel.kext with the kext from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...1308&st=254 Be sure to remove the existing AGPIntel.kext. May also need to replace IOPCIFamily (not sure if needed, install the AGPIntel, then IOPCIFamily if doesn't help).

I found an AGPGart.kext in the post from your link, but not an AGPIntel? Did you mean AGPGart?

Sorry! Oops! I wrote the post early in the morning (local time), so kinda mistake took place. Yes, I mean AGPGart.

That's what I thought. Unfortunately it didn't work. I tried

replacing the IOPCIfamily.kext as well. But same result.

Anything else I can try?