video test for native install

vniow

7 posts in this topic

I'm curious how well hackintoshes handle the Quicktime HD gallery on Apple's site. The site says you need at least a G5 to do at least 720p so I was wondering how OSx86 manages HD. The recommendations are here and it just seems disporportionate the way it compares the two.

If you could post specs like proccesor and whether your video card uses acceleration or not and how your computer handles each resolutiuon that would be helpful as well.

Thanx,

-Ani

I'm curious how well hackintoshes handle the Quicktime HD gallery on Apple's site. The site says you need at least a G5 to do at least 720p so I was wondering how OSx86 manages HD. The recommendations are here and it just seems disporportionate the way it compares the two.

If you could post specs like proccesor and whether your video card uses acceleration or not and  how your computer handles each resolutiuon that would be helpful as well.

Thanx,

-Ani

A G5 for 720?!?!? :( Gimme a break! I have a dual G4 533 and it plays the full-screen 720's at 24 fps! That seems pretty reasonable to me, don't you think!?!

I've just been on the quicktime web site gallery. Can't play anthything at 720p with a decent refresh rate. Loads of frame drops.

Everything plays fine on 480p, though the activity monitor is showing 100% usage

Intel 915gagl mobo

Intel Celeron D 3.07 ghz

1gig ddr

120 Maxtor 6Y120M0 SATA

That's odd, you would think a 3Ghz processor (even a Celeron) could handle more than 480p but then again the Apple site says that a dual 2.8Ghz Xeon is required for 720p on the Windows Quicktime part of it, perhaps Quicktime is optimised for PPC better than x86, hmm...

That's odd, you would think a 3Ghz processor (even a Celeron) could handle more than 480p but then again the Apple site says that a dual 2.8Ghz Xeon is required for 720p on the Windows Quicktime part of it, perhaps Quicktime is optimised for PPC better than x86, hmm...

Turns out I was slightly wrong on my FPS that I remembered seeing. Or maybe I was just caught up in being sarcastic! I don't know. But anyways, here's a 1080p QuickTime playing on my machine:

:Ppost-8023-1125891889_thumb.jpg

Turns out I was slightly wrong on my FPS that I remembered seeing.  Or maybe I was just caught up in being sarcastic!  I don't know.  But anyways, here's a 1080p QuickTime playing on my machine:

:)post-8023-1125891889_thumb.jpg

And here's a 720p on the same machine. Note: I kept trying to take the screenshot with 16FPS displayed, but it kept going back down as soon as I cmd-shift-3'd. :P

post-8023-1125892392_thumb.jpg