Ultrabeat Sample Loading

Synthology

1 post in this topic

Greetings all,

Firstly, I want to start an important topic regarding Ultrabeat's greatness as well as its massive flaws. Over at the apple forums, everyone seems to avoid dealing with Ultrabeats main problems. Sample loading. Here's the case as I have dealt with it:

I have 3 Hard drives in my rig (sig below). 1 drive for Snow 10.6.1

2 drives for samples and other libraries (RMX, Reason, Etc.)

1. Launch Logic 9.0.1 - insert Ultrabeat - create a custom kit with samples on a secondary hard drive - Save preset - Quit Logic.

2. Run disk utility (verify disk) on the hard drive from which you used to create your custom kit. It will unmount/mount. When process is done, quit disk utility.

3. Launch Logic 9.0.1 again and fire up an Ultrabeat. Load the preset you just saved in step one.

4. And here it begins. It asks for where the samples are located.

5. Problem will not resolve until reboot. (mostly)

The fix I am looking for is quite simple:

Create Ultrabeat presets without having to save and consolidate the project and without saving Ultrabeat samples to project.

The steps above are to recreate (break) this Ultrabeat bug. For the most part, UB works okay, however, this sample loading behavior is quite random. I am hoping somebody around here can assist in possibly fixing this issue once and for all.

Everyone at the apple forum knows of this bug and tend to not talk about it, or move on. Perhaps they're not really producing, or maybe they don't think as I do.

For example: I paid good money for Logic 4,5,6,7,8 and 9. I think I deserve a little respect, or at least an instrument that works as its supposed to. Its the least I ask for having spent my hard earned cash.

Hopefully other Logic (pro?) users who have experienced this bug can help out and perhaps share some knowledge on this issue, as I truly enjoy Ultrabeat when it works. Its everything I need for drums without complications other than a major bug.

I appreciate any knowledge or insight on how to deal with this problem that nobody seems to be addressing elsewhere.

Cheers,

Prof. Synthology