Snow Leopard on HP 6720s

smilenkovski

166 posts in this topic

Wow.That is something juanerson.

Just to clarify. Now we have clean and documented dsdt written from scratch with included all known fixes for this computers (HP 550, 6720s, 6820s and eventually some others. Sleep issue is in progress and solution might be very soon. Or it is already there?

Now we need a testers with various computers with a proper feedback.

So guys, PLEASE, give a chance to a new dsdt from juanerson and test and post the results back.

YES my friend... its from scratch... include all fixes, and of course sleep capability. And YES again... sleep is working w/o sleepenabler almost perfectly because autosleep not working (like almost everybody), but today I will post some information about it, please see yushir successful last comment in BlackCH thread... Be patient my friend Just I need organize (transcription) the information... and today I will post the guide above. See you, and thanks for your comments.

Sleepwatcher how to:

-Download the package (version 2.1 its ok)

-Unzip in the desktop and follow the instructions inside the ReadMe file to install (need to use the Terminal)

-after that you need to modify these two files: /etc/rc.sleep and /etc/rc.wakeup (/etc folder is hidden)

-Open each file in TextWrangler (so you dont have to worry about file permissions)

-add the line "sudo kextunload /path/to/AppleACPIThermal.kext" to the rc.sleep file just below "home=`eval echo ~$user`" line:

for user in `echo 'show State:/Users/ConsoleUser' | scutil | awk '/kCGSSessionUserNameKey/ { print $3 }'`; do
home=`eval echo ~$user`
sudo kextunload /Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIThermal.kext
if [ -x "$home/.sleep" ]; then
	logger -t $0 "executing .sleep of user $user"
	su - $user -c "$home/.sleep"
fi
done

-add the line "sudo kextload /path/to/AppleACPIThermal.kext" to the rc.wakeup file just below "home=`eval echo ~$user`" line:

for user in `echo 'show State:/Users/ConsoleUser' | scutil | awk '/kCGSSessionUserNameKey/ { print $3 }'`; do
home=`eval echo ~$user`
sudo kextload /Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIThermal.kext
if [ -x "$home/.wakeup" ]; then
	logger -t $0 "executing .wakeup of user $user"
	su - $user -c "$home/.wakeup"
fi
done

-dont forget to save both modified files

That should be all. Maybe reboot

Hello everyone:

I have a small problem with the X3100 graphics version 0x2a12 I don´t have QE / CI /. Are there kexts for the SL version 10.6.3 to work 100% with the version ox2a12?. Thank you very much for your help.

was it entirely necessary to post this question three times ... ??

Most of us here are capable of reading you know !

So Juan, I'm sorry for late report (I was busy these day) but after making all the changes it seems to me that my HP is snappier, run smoothly and better then before. Or that is my imagination. Unfortunately sleep doesn't work yet. I follow the instructions precisely but with no luck. While this is happening to me on different issues I might think that something is different on hardware level with my computer. Newly bought HP 550. Or everything comes from different video board, I'm not sure. Maybe it's me and having not enough time to experiment, which I'm going to for the weekend. Anyhow, Thank you again to all of you for working so hard on improving our laptops.

Saso

So Juan, I'm sorry for late report (I was busy these day) but after making all the changes it seems to me that my HP is snappier, run smoothly and better then before. Or that is my imagination. Unfortunately sleep doesn't work yet. I follow the instructions precisely but with no luck. While this is happening to me on different issues I might think that something is different on hardware level with my computer. Newly bought HP 550. Or everything comes from different video board, I'm not sure. Maybe it's me and having not enough time to experiment, which I'm going to for the weekend. Anyhow, Thank you again to all of you for working so hard on improving our laptops.

Saso

Please keep trying my friend, if I can help you, I will do it for sure. Sleep is a reality my friend + sleepwatcher + RIP for autosleep works great. So, tell me your specific problem? dakku, yushir and BlackCH also have sleep working... but the last two having problems with backlight. I can report any problems on my laptop, and I don´t know why jajaja. Please, keep looking the DSDT thread, yesterday we discuss about graphics, then I found some tips and information for testing... for example you can try something like this, which are two generalized advices around forums:

"You need USB Legacy Support disabled in the bios".

"No backlight after resume seems to be somehow related to AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. Using the version from 10.6.2 fixed it for me".

Here Slice said something too: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...entry4131

Maybe this darwin flag helps: GraphicsEnabler=y

Good Luck.

Hy,

I have a dv6730eg with an athlon Processor.

I once had Kalyway on it (external drive) but I deleted it some time ago.

Now I tried it again and followed your steps (I also have a macbook pro now) but

everytime when I go into Chameleon and press start I see the apple bootscreen for like 5sec. and then it restarts...

Same with -v -x -f

?????

Help ;)

i have a problem with the tutorial für sl on 6720s and hp 550

1 i installed sl on the hard disc via my p35-ds3 pc wit sl on it

than i installed chameleon rc 4

i ve done everything like your tutorial but i dident get airport to work and keyboard and trackpad didnt work and when i install the kext for ps 2 and the ps2 pref i get an kernel error

pls help

hi guys. the AppleACPIThermal.kext is really really annoying me. I have lost my sleep once again, it seems sleepwatcher is not unloading the kext when i try to put it to sleep. But if I run the terminal command manually it goes to sleep. I have followed the instructions for sleepwatcher. Any suggestions?

hi guys. the AppleACPIThermal.kext is really really annoying me. I have lost my sleep once again, it seems sleepwatcher is not unloading the kext when i try to put it to sleep. But if I run the terminal command manually it goes to sleep. I have followed the instructions for sleepwatcher. Any suggestions?

Dear dakku, first of all, you have clear and done this two points:

1) Be sure to erase SleepEnabler.kext (if you have it in /E/E or /S/L/E). Then rebuild your cache.

2) Be sure you have vanilla (untouched) IOPCIFamily.kext (/S/L/E) (Attached).

So, all sleepwatcher 2.1 things are ready within the .zip I uploaded. Please be sure you erased (killed) all your previous sleepwatcher version staff installed following the "ReadMe.rtf". Then, inside the folder "my_custom_files" you have the rest of files ready (the three daemons) for the new installation of sleepwatcher, please follow the "Easy_instructions.rtf" file... and done! Of course, me and yushir said you before than you don´t need sleepwatcher for sound problems, because with the new DSDT + VoodooHDA by Slice works great after wake from sleep... and will works for you too as should be.

Note: Please, after you put the AppleACPIThermal.kext in /Extra/Extensions its important to rebuilt the cache Extensions.mkext on /Extra with kextutility 2.4.2 (cVaD) for permissions and make it possible the changes, before the next system restart... unload/load will works for you too.

Good Luck.

After some tests I have realised that SleepEnabler.kext had nothing to do with my laptop not sleeping. Its all to do with sleepwatcher not working properly on my laptop, even after installing it line to line from the instructions. At the moment I am back to the primative method of unloading the kext via terminal before putting my laptop to sleep. I guess i will try the previous versions of sleepwatcher.

Edit: My findings

"launchctl: Dubious ownership on file (skipping): /Library/LaunchDaemons/de.bernhard-baehr.sleepwatcher.plist"

I have noticed it when i boot with -v. Which means sleepwatcher daemon is not being loaded. Anyone know what permissions im supposed to have on this file?

After some tests I have realised that SleepEnabler.kext had nothing to do with my laptop not sleeping. Its all to do with sleepwatcher not working properly on my laptop, even after installing it line to line from the instructions. At the moment I am back to the primative method of unloading the kext via terminal before putting my laptop to sleep. I guess i will try the previous versions of sleepwatcher.

Edit: My findings

"launchctl: Dubious ownership on file (skipping): /Library/LaunchDaemons/de.bernhard-baehr.sleepwatcher.plist"

I have noticed it when i boot with -v. Which means sleepwatcher daemon is not being loaded. Anyone know what permissions im supposed to have on this file?

My friend sorry but nothing you said have sense... sorry please, because here on my laptop, BlackCH, yushir we have sleepwatcher 2.1 working great w/o any your problems absolutely. I thing because you are not follow the instructions like should be, I mean YOU NEED DO EVERYTHING RELATED TO SLEEPWATCHER 2.1 (INSTALLATION AND COPY-PASTE DAEMONS) EXCLUSIVELY "FROM TERMINAL", REPEAT ALL FROM TERMINAL, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: SUDO (ALWAYS)... SUDO IS SUPERUSER (ROOT)... THATS IS YOUR OWNERSHIP PROBLEMS MAN (PERMISSIONS DO NOT EXIST), BECAUSE YOU DONT DO IT WITH SUDO COMMANDS FROM TERMINAL... ARE YOU CLEAR?

when i install voodoo hda and voodoo ps2 i get everytime kernel panics

Maybe your main cache are corrupted, do this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1451166 But, before that, be sure you don´t have any other extension voodoo XYZ in /S/L/E, then force the system to rebuilt the main cache, and try again installing yours voodoo extensions... of course with kextutility 2.4.2 full snow leopard support... not use kexthelper. Good Luck.

My friend sorry but nothing you said have sense... sorry please, because here on my laptop, BlackCH, yushir we have sleepwatcher 2.1 working great w/o any your problems absolutely. I thing because you are not follow the instructions like should be, I mean YOU NEED DO EVERYTHING RELATED TO SLEEPWATCHER 2.1 (INSTALLATION AND COPY-PASTE DAEMONS) EXCLUSIVELY "FROM TERMINAL", REPEAT ALL FROM TERMINAL, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: SUDO (ALWAYS)... SUDO IS SUPERUSER (ROOT)... THATS IS YOUR OWNERSHIP PROBLEMS MAN (PERMISSIONS DO NOT EXIST), BECAUSE YOU DONT DO IT WITH SUDO COMMANDS FROM TERMINAL... ARE YOU CLEAR?

Am I doing it with sudo.

i also have a problem with AppleACPIThermal. When i put my hackbook in sleep, sleepwatcher unload it, but when i wake up my pc i have a system error:

the AppleACPIThermal extension is not properly loaded

Why?

Ok, i been trying to install Snow Leopard in my Laptop, but no Luck :(

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5750 2.0 GHZ

4096 MB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2 × 2048)

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2600 Graphics 512 MB GDDR3 Dedicated Memory

High definition audio - 2 channel

Blu-Ray ROM

i always get the same error when trying to start with -x -v

dsc07859w.th.jpg

I alredy tried without installing HD 2600 and audio kext

@0blaze, additionally to alemate23 comment, you need the DSDT.aml (recommended, vanilla solution) for the IOATA S.L. fix, or alternatively to use the IOATAFamily.kext from Leopard 10.5.8 (not vanilla solution). Good Luck.

Hi juanerson, after kext utility and reboot, i've the extensions.mkext in Extra folder always, and in system profiler, the 3 kext that i've in Extra folder aren't loaded. I've to delete extensions.mkext?

Hi juanerson, after the launch of kext utility and reboot, i've the extensions.mkext in Extra folder always, and in system profiler, the 3 kext that i've in Extra folder aren't loaded. I've to delete extensions.mkext?

Hi friend, I don´t recommend launch the application, because will rebuilt the main system cache, and that is not reliable for me. Just I use it only for rebuilt the Extensions.mkext cache on /Extra by dropping that folder (/Extra/Extensions) to app icon (or alias). And of course, the other function for which I use the application is to install extensions (drivers) like voodooHDA, in which case is not avoidable that this application rebuilt the main cache. About the system profile, from my experience, maybe Im wrong but, you never will see any Extra extensions loaded in system profile... just those installed/loaded from /S/L/E (the system folder). Please take a look to the last edit part at bottom of the sleep post in previous page... related to AppleACPIThermal.kext. Good Luck.

Hi friend, I don´t recommend launch the application, because will rebuilt the main system cache, and that is not reliable for me. Just I use it only for rebuilt the Extensions.mkext cache on /Extra by dropping that folder (/Extra/Extensions) to app icon (or alias). And of course, the other function for which I use the application is to install extensions (drivers) like voodooHDA, in which case is not avoidable that this application rebuilt the main cache. About the system profile, from my experience, maybe Im wrong but, you never will see any Extra extensions loaded in system profile... just those installed/loaded from /S/L/E (the system folder). Please take a look to the last edit part at bottom of the sleep post in previous page... related to AppleACPIThermal.kext. Good Luck.

now it seems to work, fan works before and after sleep