Kernel Panic on Boot MSI Eclipse SLi Motherboard

Bjorn248

76 posts in this topic

Honestly I have no experience with optical audio so I can't say if it's a hardware issue or driver issue. Glad to hear everything else is working though =).

No worries. I had an M-Audio Firewire 1814 from my music days that I unpacked and am using now. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

I thought I'd post this for anyone who has had an issue using Silverlight. The issue is that a DRM error is displayed. For example, NetFlix uses Silverlight for their instant watch movies.

In order to solve this you must:

• Delete the file named "InstallationCheck" within the Silverlight Package. Right Click>Show Package Contents then navigate to Contents/Resources.
  • Next, I did the following:
    http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185123

The below was taken from the link above.

For those how want netflix "watch now" feature
    you'll notice it is not working in the current setup following my guide
    You get DRM error
    All that is needed to do (thanks to the chameleon RC2 and RC3)
    add the follwing line to your boot.plist:
    	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

I ran into this error again. I used OSX86tools and installed the ethernet strings (Had to combine Ethernet and Graphic Hex files). It works again now. Weird.

Wow...finally got it back to 10.6.2!!

Here's what I did. (While it's still fresh in my head)

• I went back to my 10.5.7 Leopard (my 1TB) and partitioned my Snow Leopard HD (SDD) to start from scratch again.
  • I went into the x58 Mobo Patch installer package and deleted dsmos and sleepenabler so they would not be installed.
  • I ran the x58 Mobo Patch installer and did the following:
    • I always say no to the default Hardrive.
    • Selected my SDD drive where I want snow leopard.
    • Selected System Partition
    • Installed Chameleon v2.0 (#2)
    • Set Drive as active (#3)
    • Install Snow Leopard (#4). Make sure to go into customize and deselect everything except the main install, x11, and Rosetta/Quicktime (if you want those).
    • Once the install is done, go back to the patch installer, which should still be open, and hit any key.
    • Run the Kext Installer (#5) Just type in "n" and enter.
    • Update Boot Caches (#6)...just for good measure.
    • Reboot (*)

[*]Waited for it to reboot. (If you haven't set the bios to load the Snow Leopard HD then do that)

[*]Since I had it set to load my SSD it booted my snow leopard.

[*]Follow the onscreen instructions to set up Snow Leopard. This should give you a working 10.6 install.

Now this is what i did differently. Instead of going back to the x58 Mobo Patch installer and installing the kexts, I just hit the update button.

My system updated and rebooted to a working 10.6.2 install.

I HAVE NOT TRIED INSTALLING THE KEXTS YET THROUGH THE X58 MOBO PATCH INSTALLER. I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW THAT GOES.

I had done these steps but I have an error on boot: "BSD process none corresponding to current thread: Unknow"

Before I had patch the DSDT but the error was appear.

I had Leopard and Snow Leopard in 2 partition of the same disk...but it isn't a problem in my opinion.

Please help me!

I went into the x58 Mobo Patch installer package and deleted dsmos and sleepenabler to the folder 10.6 and 10.5.

I ran the x58 Mobo Patch installer and did the following:

• Selected my HDD drive where I want snow leopard.
  • Selected \Exta folder and all bold answer.
  • Install Snow Leopard (#4) (main install, x11, language italian).
  • Update Boot Caches (#6)...Just type in "n" and enter.
  • (in only 2nd install I patched the DSDT)
  • Reboot (*)

It done the error which I had post in 1st and 2nd installation .

{ EDIT NEW IDEA: If you have time and if you want, you could do a videoTutorial and post it in youtube XD :-)...When I'll have the SnowLeopard working I want to do this videoguide to help all people :-) but now I have an another problem...the installation of it :) }

I'm in yours hands!!!

I went into the x58 Mobo Patch installer package and deleted dsmos and sleepenabler to the folder 10.6 and 10.5.

I ran the x58 Mobo Patch installer and did the following:

• Selected my HDD drive where I want snow leopard.
  • Selected \Exta folder and all bold answer.
  • Install Snow Leopard (#4) (main install, x11, language italian).
  • Update Boot Caches (#6)...Just type in "n" and enter.
  • (in only 2nd install I patched the DSDT)
  • Reboot (*)

It done the error which I had post in 1st and 2nd installation .

{ EDIT NEW IDEA: If you have time and if you want, you could do a videoTutorial and post it in youtube XD :-)...When I'll have the SnowLeopard working I want to do this videoguide to help all people :-) but now I have an another problem...the installation of it :) }

I'm in yours hands!!!

After you run the kext installer and update boot caches you should reboot. Don't do the DSDT patch yet.

Also, when you reboot you have to go into the bios and make sure the HDD you want to go into is set up to be the first.

What I would do if I were you is start from scratch. Partition the drive erasing all the contents and start with iAtkos again. Also, if you can, use a separate HDD for the iAtkos installation. It's only temporary until 10.6.2 is up and running on your main HDD. Then you can delete that HDD with the iAtkos installation on it.

As Bjorn mentioned before, the 10.5.7 is only for you to be able to install 10.6.2 on a separate partition.

What are your specs, btw?

I wish I could do a videoTutorial, but I'm unfamiliar with how to capture the screen's actions via software, and I don't have a camera to record it physically. Also, doing that would require me to erase all that I've put on my Hardrive and start from scratch. Follow the directions exactly and you should be good. The only thing that I think would cause an error is if you are using a different video card.

After you run the kext installer and update boot caches you should reboot. Don't do the DSDT patch yet.

I have install the Snow twice, one with and one without DSDT patch.

If I install the iAtkos in other disk, must it is partitioned in GUID?

For the X58 mobo patch you have always selected the bold answer?

When you reboot you haven't use any flag, if I understand exactly

This weekend, I could install iAtkos and Snow Leopard because I have to backup all my data.

EDIT: I have erase the partition in which there was the iAtkos and....the Chamelon now is the rc3 and it boot...but in the final steps of the loading system (verbose mode) before the First configuration...the video became black.

I think it is the pathing of DSDT. This evening I'm going to install the iAtkos and Snow Leopard in the same disk and before the boot in Snow I'll erase the iAtkos partition.

I have install the Snow twice, one with and one without DSDT patch.

If I install the iAtkos in other disk, must it is partitioned in GUID?

For the X58 mobo patch you have always selected the bold answer?

When you reboot you haven't use any flag, if I understand exactly

This weekend, I could install iAtkos and Snow Leopard because I have to backup all my data.

EDIT: I have erase the partition in which there was the iAtkos and....the Chamelon now is the rc3 and it boot...but in the final steps of the loading system (verbose mode) before the First configuration...the video became black.

I think it is the pathing of DSDT. This evening I'm going to install the iAtkos and Snow Leopard in the same disk and before the boot in Snow I'll erase the iAtkos partition.

Usually if the screen goes black it's due to the video card. I have a different video card than you do. See if you can install the same kext that got your video card working on the iAtkos partition.

http://www.muzzle.nl/osx86-installation/31...leopard-pc.html

When I have time I'll take this guide (point 6,7,and 8) to install the Snow Leopard, because the problem, in my opinion is only the video card (the only different hardware from my and yours pc).

Could be it a good idea??

Heve you got (dcuellat and Bjorn248) a best idea to help me?

Wouldn't hurt to try....

I had a idea...I had remove the NVDAResman.kext and the SL boot but the grafic card wasn't recognised. As I have the kext of my videocard in the install disk of iAtkos v7 10.5.7, I had install the gtx 2xx kext and EFI string DVI/DVI from the install disk into the SL disk. When I had upgrade the SL at 10.6.2 it recognised all! Now I'm going to install the Voodoo HDA.

PS: can you post here the audio kext which you have use to install the audio? I haven't the audio

I have use kext help b7 but nothing, it stop the reboot and I haven't the audio working

This is the final step...get the audio

HELP :)

Ok, I have all working, but I don't say if all the 8 core are working. There is a task manager in Snow?

For the audio I have install the last Voodoo HDA which supported the Snow 32/64 bit.

Have I finish to install all?

Is this my final Snow Leopard 10.6.2?!??!!?

Thanks to all!!! (Bjorn248 and dcuellar)

With yours helps now I have a working Snow Leopard!!!! And now I can use the last version of SDK for iphone :(

VoodooHDA_Pref.zip

Ok, I have all working, but I don't say if all the 8 core are working. There is a task manager in Snow?

For the audio I have install the last Voodoo HDA which supported the Snow 32/64 bit.

Have I finish to install all?

Is this my final Snow Leopard 10.6.2?!??!!?

Thanks to all!!! (Bjorn248 and dcuellar)

With yours helps now I have a working Snow Leopard!!!! And now I can use the last version of SDK for iphone :D

Congrats man. Glad I could help. You should have finished the install.

As for the cores, I only have 4 cores listed in the "About this Mac" info. From what I've read that is normal. It's 4 cores and 8 processors. I installed istat menu bars and it recognized the 8 processors.

Just curious. What are you going to make using the iphone SDK?

I had a question for anyone on this thread. I have been trying to connect to my macbook through the network and vice versa, but have not been able to.

Have any of you had success with this?

Thanks to all...it is possible with yours idea!!

iStat menu see 8 core but 4 are working and 4 haven't lines.

For the iphone SDK...I'm going to create a few app to send in the appStore...but before I must became a good developer in this language. I'm a noob in this moment in this language! :(

I had a question for anyone on this thread. I have been trying to connect to my macbook through the network and vice versa, but have not been able to.

Have any of you had success with this?

About this I haven't understand what you ask :P

Thanks to all...it is possible with yours idea!!

iStat menu see 8 core but 4 are working and 4 haven't lines.

For the iphone SDK...I'm going to create a few app to send in the appStore...but before I must became a good developer in this language. I'm a noob in this moment in this language! :(

About this I haven't understand what you ask ;)

No worries. I got it figured out. I turned off remote management. I don't know why had that turned on.

Good luck with the apps. That's cool.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello i am new in iATKOS and i am trying to install it to my pc. I am having some trouble with the installation. Let me explain you my configuration: i have 2 ssd (raid 0) on the intel ich10r with windows 7 on them, i also have 2 raptors (raid 0) with windows xp on the JMicron and i have also connected a 160gb hd (single drive no raid) for the mac on the JMicron chipset (under the two raptors). In the setup menu (iATKOS v7) i erase the 160s and i select him to be destination drive for the mac os. I have the same msi eclipse sli mobo and i would like to ask you which packages exactly you selected. I read the previous posts on the forum but i have a problem after the installment and when i boot to mac the screen freezes and probably because i am doing sth wrong to the drivers i have to install. Probably the problem is on the bios setup and options (For example ide, ahci, raid?, Hyper-Threading?). Any piece of advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

My System: i7 920 on msi eclipse sli, 2 postville x25m g2, 2 raptors 10k, nvidia 8800gts 320mb and one 160gb (for the mac os), 9gb ddr3 ocz platinum (3gb+6gb).

• 1 month later...
Hello i am new in iATKOS and i am trying to install it to my pc. I am having some trouble with the installation. Let me explain you my configuration: i have 2 ssd (raid 0) on the intel ich10r with windows 7 on them, i also have 2 raptors (raid 0) with windows xp on the JMicron and i have also connected a 160gb hd (single drive no raid) for the mac on the JMicron chipset (under the two raptors). In the setup menu (iATKOS v7) i erase the 160s and i select him to be destination drive for the mac os. I have the same msi eclipse sli mobo and i would like to ask you which packages exactly you selected. I read the previous posts on the forum but i have a problem after the installment and when i boot to mac the screen freezes and probably because i am doing sth wrong to the drivers i have to install. Probably the problem is on the bios setup and options (For example ide, ahci, raid?, Hyper-Threading?). Any piece of advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

My System: i7 920 on msi eclipse sli, 2 postville x25m g2, 2 raptors 10k, nvidia 8800gts 320mb and one 160gb (for the mac os), 9gb ddr3 ocz platinum (3gb+6gb).

Hello. You need to set the drive that you want to install mac on to ahci in the bios. Hardware raid will not work and you will not be able to boot into mac from a hard drive that is set to raid in the BIOS. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...