chameleon 2 install fails

razr1983

4 posts in this topic

I have used the retail pre-boot method to install Snow Leopard from the DVD. I installed it on an external USB hard drive.

Installation failed at the end saying it can't set the start up drive so I am using the pre-boot cd to boot into Snow Leopard.

So far so good... However when I try to install chameleon on my hdd it fails. I am not sure what exactly fails because when I try to boot directly from the hdd chameleon appears and after a few seconds it causes a kernel panic (the screen that explains in 50 languages how to shut down your computer?). Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...

Hi

Did osX86 tools fix your problem.

I have the same problem, chameleon failed to install and on boot i get the kernal panics, the sad thing is i put a small 20gb harddrive in my machine and chameleon installed onto that and SL will boot fine from this drive.

I realy don't want another drive in my system just so i can use chameleon so im looking for the solution to why it wont install.

I tried osX86 tools but this didn't work for my.

Any Ideas.

Cheers

Kev

• 3 months later...

haven't been reading the forum for a while. hope you fixed everything... but the answer is yes. I just installed the bootloader from osX86 tools. any luck with your issue ?