GA-P35-DS3R V1.0 No Sleep (10.6.1)

Envying

6 posts in this topic

I have done my installation with 10.6 and upgrade to 10.6.1. Everything works fine for my GA-P35-DS3R, except sleep. I can sleep and wake up w/o any problem in 10.5.7.

Kexts added:

Dsmos.kext

Nullpowermanagment.kext

Openhaltrestart.kext

Sleepenabler.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext (I am using IDE mode not AHCI mode, because of less booting time)

I tried to check the "Start up automatically after power failure" in the Energy saver options, still no sleeping. Just monitor went black, fan and harddrive, and mouse, keyboard still connected.

I'm running with the same MoBo, have no problems at all, except the audiohack has to be done. Did you made a DSDT-Patch? After patching DSDT the computer runs even better as with OS10.5.8 (Also with DSDT-patch).

I use Chameleon 2RC3 and only the important drivers for SL:

AppleACPI2NUB.kext

dsmos.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext,

OpenHaltRestart.kext,

PlatformUUID.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

The Asus EN9600GT-Silent video is working with a string in the Boot.plist.

I've installed this system yesterday and I'm just busy figuring out yet how to handle audio. If it is possible, I want to make it work with only DSDT-patch, and/or a string in the boot.plist.

Is it me, or is Snow Leopard looking brighter as Leopard?

post-115979-1253746265_thumb.png

Thanks for your reply, I still haven't figure out the exact reason. I have done the DSDT patching with Audio hack, BIOS reset fix. But I still decided to use VoodooHDA.kext by removing AppleHDA.kext.

PS, I think you should use either dsmos.kext or fakesmc.kext, not both...