Atom is 'Unsupported CPU' for 10.6 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement?

dpassmor

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get the native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement running on my HP Mini 1000 under Snow Leopard. I know other folks have gotten this working on netbooks with Atom N270 processors (MSI Wind, Dell 9, etc).

I've patched my DSDT with the HPET fix, so I don't get the 'can't get HPETs' kernel panic when I run without a disabler. What I do get a KP with this:

Unsupported CPU: family = 0x6, model = 0x1c, stepping = 0x2

Any ideas?

I'm trying to get the native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement running on my HP Mini 1000 under Snow Leopard. I know other folks have gotten this working on netbooks with Atom N270 processors (MSI Wind, Dell 9, etc).

I've patched my DSDT with the HPET fix, so I don't get the 'can't get HPETs' kernel panic when I run without a disabler. What I do get a KP with this:

Unsupported CPU: family = 0x6, model = 0x1c, stepping = 0x2

Any ideas?

delete appleintelcpupwermangement.kext

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Same problem here....

Any idea?

probably caused by running 10.6.2 or higher on an atom?

I had this suddenly after a kp while NBI was rebuilding the UpdateExtensions.

I was working on removing non original kexts to get wake from sleep working.

I had removed NullCPUpm.. and SleepEnabler while rebuilding, so I expect the problem lies there somewhere.

I made a backup of S/L/E and fixed the problem by booting 10.5.7 installer and move back in place that backup.

I also had to remove Extensions.mkext from the /Extra folder.

My system booted fine without that so the kernel panic in VoodooBattery probably messed this up while NBI was busy.

hope this helps someone.

By the way, moving the AppleIntelCPU... kext did not work for me, same crash