What do you recommend?

fatum

5 posts in this topic

I was able to successfully install Kalyway 10.5.2. It works great, and I tricked it into thinking that I'm using 10.5.8 so I can use the iPhone SDK, and that also works great. However, I have a few problems.

My speakers didn't work at first, but I was able to fix that using the Apple HDA patcher for Sigmatel 9200. My line-in mic still doesn't work, however.

My wireless does not work, and I use an ethernet cable for that. I was able to fix my wireless (but it wasn't using airport, it was a third-party utility) and the connection was very slowww.

The keyboard shortcuts do not work, and I'm getting very tired of right clicking. I've tried every possible combination of keyboard shortcuts to be able to use the "command" but it simply doesn't work.

I'm going to try another flavor on a different hard drive, and I'm wondering which one is recommended? The iAkotos (I don't belive that's the proper spelling) or any other flavors? Which one tends to have the most success?

Thanks!

Post the specs first. May be very helpful.

For sound try VoodooHDA. Remove any previously installed audio drivers first.

For the keyboard try VoodooPS2Controller or ApplePS2. If you have a notebook or PS2 keyboard. Remove any previously installed PS2 drivers first (if any).

Post the specs first. May be very helpful.

For sound try VoodooHDA. Remove any previously installed audio drivers first.

For the keyboard try VoodooPS2Controller or ApplePS2. If you have a notebook or PS2 keyboard. Remove any previously installed PS2 drivers first (if any).

For the VoodooHDA, I tried using the AppleHDA Patcher which worked for the speakers, but not for my line-in mic. Could that help me on my Line-In mic?

Here are the specifications:

Processor - 1.46 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory - 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Would anything else be required? Was just a small notebook that I wanted to test out using Kalyway.

Also, for the VoodooPS2Controller, I'm using USB devices, not PS2.

Thanks!