iatkos afp problems

m0rb0

4 posts in this topic

I'm having problems connecting to AFP shares after a fresh iatkos v7 (10.5.7) install.

I have already tried (sudo of course)

rm /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs

ln -s /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpfs.kext /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs

This is the error I get in my system.log:

ep 10 18:31:16 macpro /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder[134]: SharePointBrowser::handleOpenCallBack returned 64

Sep 10 18:31:16 macpro com.apple.netauth.useragent[213]: kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext: no such bundle file exists

Sep 10 18:31:16 macpro com.apple.netauth.useragent[213]: can't add kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext (file access/permissions) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

Sep 10 18:31:16 macpro com.apple.netauth.useragent[213]: kextload: cannot resolve dependencies for kernel extension /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/asp_tcp.kext

Sep 10 18:31:16 macpro com.apple.netauth.useragent[213]: error loading extension /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/asp_tcp.kext

I'm far from a n00b with *nix and osx86 (this is my 5th hackintosh, but first using iatkos).

System.kext obviouslly DOES exist, and aside from recreating the sym link (already done) I don't know what to do!

SMB works fine, but is sloooooooooow compared to AFP.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I fixed this problem by doing thev10.5.8 update....

After the update remove 'System950.kext' and make sure u have the right system.kext' and seatbelt.kext'. I found I still had problems mounting dmgs after 10.5.8 and deleting system950 fixed my problem there.

Just update to 10.5.8 delete system950.kext and ensure you have proper system.kext & seatbelt.kext and u should be able to use AFP again!

I fixed this problem by doing thev10.5.8 update....

After the update remove 'System950.kext' and make sure u have the right system.kext' and seatbelt.kext'. I found I still had problems mounting dmgs after 10.5.8 and deleting system950 fixed my problem there.

Just update to 10.5.8 delete system950.kext and ensure you have proper system.kext & seatbelt.kext and u should be able to use AFP again!

I'm already on 10.5.8, and System950.kext does not exist. :D

System.kext and Seatbelt.kext are the two that were included with the combo update. I think I'll give the Seatbelt.kext on this forum a shot.

Edit: Nevermind, the Seatbelt.kext I found earlier was just extracted from the update... no need for it.