Install iDeneb 1.5.1 on HP Mini 110-1012 - Install Screens Too Large

supermanfan

8 posts in this topic

I am trying to install iDeneb on my new HP Mini. Right away I notice the install screens are too large to fit on the mini display. This is a problem, as I cannot see all the buttons to push to complete the install. I tried hooking up the Mini to an external monitor via the VGA port, but cannot get output on external screen.

Seems like a silly problem. I must be missing something simple.

Help.

Use an external monitor or use the "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32" boot flag. Replace the 1024x768 to the resolution your monitor has. No need to replace 32 - it represents the colour depth. See here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=99891

No joy on the "Graphics Mode"="1024x600x32" or "1024x576x32" or "800x600x32" or without the x32 or with the x32 and @60 for refresh rate.

The overall screen resolution looks fine actually. The "iDeneb" logo sits on the screen in the bottom right where you would expect. It is just the foreground application (the installation itself) that appears to be a fixed size that expands past the screen border. The mouse bumps against the bottom of the screen where you would expext.

I have tried repeatedly to attach an external monitor and have never seen it fire up. Fn-F2, no matter when you hit it, does nothing.

I think I will install Windows 7 and see if will run the external monitor once an OS is installed and working.

I am trying to install iDeneb on my new HP Mini. Right away I notice the install screens are too large to fit on the mini display. This is a problem, as I cannot see all the buttons to push to complete the install. I tried hooking up the Mini to an external monitor via the VGA port, but cannot get output on external screen.

Help.

You can use The Tab key to cycle through the buttons and the Space Bar to select them... There is a very thorough guide on MyHPMini.com here.

I'm currently posting this from an HP mini 110-1045dx woth OSX 10.5.7 and the guide worked great for me, just be sure to follow the instructions EXACTLY!!!

You can use The Tab key to cycle through the buttons and the Space Bar to select them... There is a very thorough guide on MyHPMini.com here.

I'm currently posting this from an HP mini 110-1045dx woth OSX 10.5.7 and the guide worked great for me, just be sure to follow the instructions EXACTLY!!!

Tab key worked. I am completing the install now. I had to look at the online video to figure out the button locations to tab to, but it worked.

Hopefully the the install finished OK and this thing works!

Tab key worked. I am completing the install now. I had to look at the online video to figure out the button locations to tab to, but it worked.

Hopefully the the install finished OK and this thing works!

Hey, thanks for the post. That is a great set of instructions. I was kind of hoping it would include the right keyboard instructions like "hit tab twice, then enter" since I am unable to see the buttons.

Did you have the same screen issue during install? How did you figure out the keyboard sequence? I am thinking maybe doing a side-by-side install on another machine to capture the right tab-enter sequence.

In the video at the top of the attached it shows the install screens all fit nicely on the laptop screen. I wonder why mine does not.

I have no idea why his resolution displays properly in the video, it could be the difference from using a USB stick or an external DVD drive as the install method, but I'm not sure. I've done installs on a few different models of the Mini 1000 series and my most recent Mini 110, and I always get the wrong resolution until after I have updated to 10.5.7 and applied the last set of video kexts mentioned by one of the other posters Here

I just figured the tab/space sequences by trial and error. I'm trying to remember off the top of my head and I think it's 2 tabs and a space on the screen after you choose your language then 3 tabs and a space on the next obscured screen, but don't quote me on that.

Also, I never had to do the "loop fix" step as the setup assistant didn't like my resolution and kicked me into an Administrator account titled Admin with no password. You must setup a new account with a password or the sudo commands in the terminal won't work later on in the guide.

Feel free to hit up software update when you finish the guide, but DO NOT UPGRADE TO 10.5.8!!! it will screw up your USB and sleep.

Also you may want to disable safe sleep and delete the sleep image under /var/vm. This will fix the "sleepimage has garbage" message in the chameleon bootloader on startup. Instructions Here

And last, you may want to update to the newest chameleon bootloader for a graphical boot interface and better boot feature support. Just download it from here and run the installer.

Final caveot: if you plan on changing any hardware like upgrading ram or swapping wireless cards etc., do it before you start to avoid most issues. Remember, you are building a custom version of osx86 just for your machine, hence all the extra steps.

Happy Hackint0shing!

• 2 weeks later...

Help.

I have the same problem. THis is for installing iATKOSi v7 on hp mini right? I have an hp mini 110 1030nr and the screen is too small to see the bottom. i cannot tell if there is a next or continue button on the bottom. i also tried to hook it up to an external monitor but failed. Please help me anyone

Help.

when you connect your external monitor press fn+ f2 key...youll get ur display on ur external monitor