SL on ASUS P5K Pro [Success]

vlad birdu

27 posts in this topic

Where can I see official info about your mobo? I'm little confused, because on off.site don't exist AttansicL1 Lan for p5k-e but Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet. Also upload here new ioreg file. After that I'll be able to fix wireless and tm.

Also you'll need to install sl retail and not distro

Where can I see official info about your mobo? I'm little confused, because on off.site don't exist AttansicL1 Lan for p5k-e but Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet. Also upload here new ioreg file. After that I'll be able to fix wireless and tm.

Also you'll need to install sl retail and not distro

ok. Thanks. I have managed to solve the networking issue and reinstall the ionetworkingfamily.kext. Back again in 10.5.8. I have officially given up the 7th time.. No go for me for SL. I know the ASUS family of mobos is excellent for osx but i find it too much a hassle. Maybe i am not worthy :)

I Have decided to leave it as is since this is my working machine so i will save a "little" and buy myself an imac when time comes.... Over the years and as a long time switcher I found great appreciation for mac hardware and systems. I have decent knowledge of linux,beos and other winx86 systems but this is exactly the reason i swiched full time to the mac platform.

Thanks Detrich for trying to help me. This community is so great that i always want to come and read interesting stuff and hacks.... hope i dont get itches for the next time i have to install SL again :D