No 1366x768 resolution

RELOAD911

5 posts in this topic

Hi! I've recently purchased LCD monitor with 1366x768 maximum resolution avaliable. It works fine on Windows and Linux, but in OSx86 (Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.7 via combo update for AMD) there is no 1366x768 resolution. The only one I got is 1360x768@75Ghz (not sure about 768 but it's 1360 for sure). That would be fine, but for some reason when I set it to 1360 I get some weird vertical blurry zones on the screen. They are fixed in place and there are about 2-3 of them. They are generally not noticeable, but when it comes to reading the text it annoys me. I didn't notice them on 1280x720 resolution, but that one is blurry (I believe it has nothing to do with artifacts I disrobed, but it's possible as well). I have tried Display Config X and it just doesn't want to set screen to 1366 (automatically adjusts it to 1365 or whatever). I'd be grateful if you help me solve this problem. Thanks in advance!

Try booting with "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" flag. http://apple2pc.blogspot.com/2008/02/darwi...ot-options.html

If success, write it to com.apple.Boot.plist

Or change a VGA driver.

Booting with flag causes bootloader (Chameleon RC2 in my case) to change resolution only during the boot. After the system loads the resolution stays the same (even if it's supported).

P.S. Where can I get VGA drivers?