Plz! Help Its Not Working :(

MadMan29729

4 posts in this topic

when i boot this dvd it just stays on the Screen with the apple logo & the Spinning Icon! How Can I Fix it?

I Have the iPC osx86 10.5.6 PPF 5!

i have an intel based Acer TravelMate 2480

i ran with -v and i see the problem but how do i fix it?

i see

SAM Multimeda: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x03, ASC = 0x11, ASCQ = 0x00

what could cause this?

Try different boot parameter or an another Distro like IDeneb or IATkos.

mach_kernel: [prelinked] Default extensions set, vanilla AppleSMBIOS, based on Voodoo 9.5.0

The difference between the prelinked kernels on the disc is all to do with AppleSMBIOS. Some AppleSMBIOS work fine on some systems while they don’t on others. Here are some of the prelinked kernel options available (type the name of the kernel at the boot: prompt to use it e.g. “boot_toh”)

boot_smbios28: [prelinked] Uses AppleSMBIOS-28

boot_smbiosefi: [prelinked] Uses AppleSMBIOSEFI w/ vanilla AppleSMBIOS (Note: this prelinked kernel has a tendency not to work, worth a try)

boot_toh: [prelinked] Uses the old ToH AppleSMBIOS, use this if you have About this Mac crash issues

Note: Switching between these prelinked kernels is only useful if you are using the LiveDVD, these have virtually no effect on the installer

OTHER (NON PRELINKED) KERNELS

vanilla: unmodified 9.5.0 kernel

no_prelink: unmodified 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel

Look at PCWIZ Website

Try different boot parameter or an another Distro like IDeneb or IATkos.

mach_kernel: [prelinked] Default extensions set, vanilla AppleSMBIOS, based on Voodoo 9.5.0

The difference between the prelinked kernels on the disc is all to do with AppleSMBIOS. Some AppleSMBIOS work fine on some systems while they don’t on others. Here are some of the prelinked kernel options available (type the name of the kernel at the boot: prompt to use it e.g. “boot_toh”)

boot_smbios28: [prelinked] Uses AppleSMBIOS-28

boot_smbiosefi: [prelinked] Uses AppleSMBIOSEFI w/ vanilla AppleSMBIOS (Note: this prelinked kernel has a tendency not to work, worth a try)

boot_toh: [prelinked] Uses the old ToH AppleSMBIOS, use this if you have About this Mac crash issues

Note: Switching between these prelinked kernels is only useful if you are using the LiveDVD, these have virtually no effect on the installer

OTHER (NON PRELINKED) KERNELS

vanilla: unmodified 9.5.0 kernel

no_prelink: unmodified 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel

Look at PCWIZ Website

im using the installer!