Boot loop problem

Classicrocker42o

10 posts in this topic

So I'm trying to install the kalyway 10.5.2 on my dell 4600 and every time after I hit the -v and enter it loads some stuff and quickly reboots without any time to see what it loads. I saw someone has installed kalyway 10.5.2 with this computer before so I know it's possible.

I did my research. and concluded the I need the Chameleon patch.

I first tried patching kalyway with the o matic, and noticed after I had a dialog box pop up that the ppf is Leo4Allv3-Chameleon-1.0.11-JMicron-fix.ppf and not kalyway.

This was the only download I could find for it. The download is no longer on the site.

Then I saw Chameleon 2.0 but it's rc so I was thinking I would want to go with something that isn't finished being tested right? I do have it downloaded though, but don't like not having the simple gui also.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Like where is the kalaway chameleon 1.0.11.ppf or the whole .zip file?

Thanks.

Tried every kernel and same thing.

Also even tried -x which actually loaded kernels for a minute or so then went into restart loop.

I saw that some people with a dell 4600 we're able to install "like a breeze" with Iatkos 10.5.1 iATKOS_v1.0ir2 then use the kaly update combo for 10.5.2.

They are also using netkas universal speedstep kernel.

I was thinking I needed the speedstep kernel, but do I need to have iATKOS then update to 10.5.2 with kaly update combo?

• 1 month later...

I've the same problem after I install iAtkos v7 in my laptop Fujitsu Siemens Pa 1538 w/AMD Turion 64 X2, 160GB SATA Western Digital, 1GB RAM, Nvidia GForce Go 7400, chipset NForce 5. I've installed Vodooo 9.5.7 Kernel for AMD. I boot MacOS X in bervose mode, and without error after all appears apple logo in grease screen, and suddenly reboot the laptop without any error. Anyone has a idea of this problem and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

I'm getting the same issue. I'm not sure if people realize, but this is happening when trying to boot the DVD... before the install. restart the machine, loads a few lines quickly and then bam, restart.

I have a compaq cq60 AMD Althon X2 QL-64 with 3GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 8200M. Any help here or in my post (I hadn't seen this one, sorry folks) would be greatly appreciated.

So.. I haven't successfully installed osx86 on my desktop yet, but when I saw your problem I couldn't help but notice that I was having the same issue and eventually got past it. I'm not sure if you have tried this yet, but try booting with "busratio=20". That at least got me to see the apple logo. I tried -v, -v -f, added cpus=1 (which i heard helps for quad core systems like my own) and none actually got me past the booting loop before the install menu... until I tried busratio=20. So hopefully that'll get you to see an apple logo at least.

After that, I was only able to get to the install menu ONCE, haven't seen it since... :-/ So like i said, no successfully installed yet, but i'm determined, and hopefully my tiny bit of info helps some of you guys out! Keep us updated!!

- John

PS: if you manage to get into an install menu, lemme know what you did please? Either here, or in my post on the forum (entitled something like "iPC to iAtkos..." etc). Thanks!!