Pavilion DV6910ea - Compatible internal webcam camera module and internal bluetooth device details

liltmoomin

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm running the iAtkos V7 10.5.7 Leopard install on a HP Pavilion DV6910ea laptop at the minute, and have some expected residual hitches that I wish to fix by replacing a hardware fitting/replacement. Any details anyone can offer would be great...

I wish to replace the existing Chicony internal webcam module with anything that fits and is recognised natively by Leopard. If anyone can point me in the direction of a replacement device (perhaps with device ID, etc. from an alternative pavilion laptop) that would be amazing. The device ID of the currently fitted module is as follows:

HP Webcam:

Product ID: 0xb015

Vendor ID: 0x04f2 (Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.)

Version: 6.06

Serial Number: SN0001

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.

Location ID: 0xfd400000

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

This does not function natively inside 99% of osx applications, though it works fine in vista. No workarounds on the forums are successful.

I also wish to fit an internal bluetooth module to the laptop, as I'm sick of plugging in the dongle. My understanding is that the laptop motherboard most likely supports this, but if anybody can advise of a device that doesn't argue with the OS that would save me time and expense too. And also save me punching walls, etc.

If anybody requires further information, just drop a response and I'll supply it; I usually miss something important, so why should this time be any different.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey lilt, whats up...

Thats a very good idea indeed, I found myself in the same situation as u do... Ive got the exact same model on a Pavilion DX6667.

Today I spent hours searching for a solution on how to make my webcam work, even fiddling with some kexts/Info.plists/whatever, but no go.

I read somewhere people with the acer orbicam reporting oob success with snow leopard (I got version 10A432), but I guess thats not an option for us cause it wouldnt fit in... Maybe try to search the chip its based upon might point us to the right track...

Anyways, its getting late, I just stumbled upon your post and wanted to let u know Im into this, and that I get you about the urge to punch walls...

The research goes on thou...

Am also interested in something like this. I posted a similar topic about my dv4-1125nr's internal webcam. Looks like, in both of ours, it recognizes the hardware but does not have the drivers for it...

If anything, our only hope is if someone can code one.

• 1 month later...