Help installing iDeneb 1.6 (10.5.8) on my machine

Nimrod Perez

12 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have made multiple (~10) attempts to install iDeneb 1.6 on my machine, so far the installation succeeds but it won't run afterwards.

My PC configurations is as follows:

ASUS P5Q

Core 2 Quad 9450

4GB Memory (1066MHZ)

3 hard drivers (all SATA)

ATI HD 4870

I got VISTA Installed on disk0

trying to install on disk1 the MAC OSX.

After installing, I try to boot the OSX and after each installation (trying various settings / patches etc), i'm getting :

USBF: AppleUSBOHCI -> CheckSleepCapability...

USBF: AppleUSBOHCI -> CheckSleepCapability...

USBF: AppleUSBUHCI -> Unable to initialize UIM

and after that:

nfs_boot: networking is not initialized

nfs_boot_init failed with 6 \ ..... Voodoo kernel....

Please please, help me. (The best would be to tell me exactly what to turn on in the installation).

Thanks,

Nimrod

• 3 months later...

Hey!

I just got my machine to run the Ideneb v1.6 on my computer!

Took me a while too! But i did i kinda easy after reading a post! When you are to "customize" your installation...only take the Vodoo kernel 9.5.0 and nothing else, no drivers for sound, video anything! Just the basic and it should boot up just fine!

Hope it helped a little!

/myrspoovern

• 4 months later...

Hi, I can't create a thread so I'm posting my problem here.

I'm trying to install iDeneb 1.6 on my machine. I had 1.4 before without trouble, but then I messed up using the Combo Updater, so I formatted the partition and started over with the 1.6 Lite Edition installer.

These are my specs:

ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5E (LGA775)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.66GHz

4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz 5-5-5-15

ATI Radeon HD 4850 (Gigabyte)

Left all the default options on, picked the Voodoo Kernel as recommended, and the ICHx Chipset Driver (without it I get a Kernel Panic on boot).

However, while the system boots, and the "Apple icon + Loading" screen goes away, I'm stuck on just a grey screen. Using verbose mode (-v), the screen just becomes garbled at one point and stops, so I can't read any messages.

I've tried all the Fixes and various Apple SMBIOS Drivers, but none of them change the problem. The only thing that shows a change is installing the ATY_init Video Driver, in which case the screen fades to black when it gets stuck (with and without verbose mode) instead.

I'm trying to install iDeneb 1.6 on my machine. I had 1.4 before without trouble, but then I messed up using the Combo Updater, so I formatted the partition and started over with the 1.6 Lite Edition installer.

These are my specs:

Left all the default options on, picked the Voodoo Kernel as recommended, and the ICHx Chipset Driver (without it I get a Kernel Panic on boot).

However, while the system boots, and the "Apple icon + Loading" screen goes away, I'm stuck on just a grey screen. Using verbose mode (-v), the screen just becomes garbled at one point and stops, so I can't read any messages.

I've tried all the Fixes and various Apple SMBIOS Drivers, but none of them change the problem. The only thing that shows a change is installing the ATY_init Video Driver, in which case the screen fades to black when it gets stuck (with and without verbose mode) instead.

I installed my MSI X58 Platinum using iDeneb 1.6 also, but I had to install the old ACPI driver from iATKOS v7 for it to run. Try that and it may work. Make sure not to install anything else.

atkosv72.JPG

Cheers,

Louis

These are my specs:

I cant post threads either. What the hell is this {censored}? >:C

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, same problem for me, after I installed iDeneb 1.6 Chameleon lets me choose which OS I want to boot, if I'm going to choose OS X the grey screen with that apple logo is freezed, I can't do anything except restart my PC, my hardware is: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1240089 and I took a video of whats happening:

Would be awesome if someone could help me, I'm already checking out hackintosh since last week, so I'm really annoyed of that problems.

Hey guys, same problem for me, after I installed iDeneb 1.6 Chameleon lets me choose which OS I want to boot, if I'm going to choose OS X the grey screen with that apple logo is freezed, I can't do anything except restart my PC, my hardware is: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1240089 and I took a video of whats happening:

Would be awesome if someone could help me, I'm already checking out hackintosh since last week, so I'm really annoyed of that problems.

hi i had the same problem, try the flaggs: -f -v fsb=200000000 cpus=1

everything working fine for me now but i cant boot without this flaggs any help?

I'm Totally New To MAC Installation.. I'm an aspiring editor.. So I'm trying to install MAC on my PC to Use Final Cut Pro..

This Is My PC's Config :

Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz ..

Intel 945GCNL Motherboard

4 GB DDR2 RAM

nVidia 9500 1GB Graphics

I Downloaded iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 ... Burned It On To A DVD...

Put It On.. Tried To Boot.. Pressed F8 and -v ....

It came down to ACPI and got stuck there..

How do i proceed.. Please Help Me...