.iso to Flash Drive software

alvin777

4 posts in this topic

Hi. I've tried the unetbootin-windows-357 program to put an .iso to my Kingsont Flash drive. It then boots to the flash drive but it can't find the kernel. I checked the paths of the sysconfig, it's correct. I need a better software that's free to use. any recommendations? I need to have linux coz' the OS isn't working and I need a temporay way to access the internet through one of the mini linux distros. Gbu. Thanks in advance.

I might've misunderstood a little bit - apologies! My understanding was that "unetbootin-windows-357" was a netboot client - i.e it finds the kernel from a network source. So you wouldn't use it to put an ISO on to a USB drive. You would, for example, use it to boot a computer up to recieve the ISO over a network and boot from that. (Like holding 'n' down on an Apple system)

Maybe you should just try opening the ISO up in something like WinRAR and extracting it to the flashdrive directly? Also, Have you tried going for a linux distro thats actually specifically for a flash drive?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...