Need System.kext

xXrkidXx

5 posts in this topic

alright im bak on top and almost everything working, QE QGL, Core Image and full res are working, now I just need the correct System.kext and seatbelt .kext. Im on 10.5.8 with 9.6.0 AnV Voodoo Kernel. whatcha guys got for me? Oh and also, it thinks my comp is a MacBookPro 5,1, ive had this prob since I first got to 10.5.7... i even installed the MacPro SMBIOS from iPC... grr any ideas on that aswell?

I HAVE searched... quite a lot accually. I know this is whats wrong because I had this problem on 10.5.7 when I first updated. But I just don't know what System.kext to use or where to get it so please just point me in the right direction.

bump... rlly guys come on it will take like 3 seconds...

Hi!

I've used that kernel too. The good one. Download the AnV_XNU_9.6.0_kernel_V1.4 (google for it). The zip contains install file. Don't install it. Open it with a Pacifist.app ( http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12743 ). Now extract Sytem.kext and other files you'll find inside the pkg.

There it is. The files you need. Now copy them to /System/Library/Extensions. Or use OSx86Tools to install.

On MacBookPro 5,1. I use macmodel=MacPro 4,1 flag added to com.apple.Boot.plist. Works perfectly. You may do that to. Yours may look like this macmodel=MacBookPro 4,1 or macmodel=MacBookPro 3,1. To my knowledge, the most resent model is MacBookPro 5,4. So one can use macmodel=MacBookPro 5,4 if like. This only tells the OS X how to handle the hardware.