10.6 on P-7805u

bunc5224

6 posts in this topic

Just started trial and error with 10.6 snow leapord and my results are as follows using universal 10.6 installed with no boot flags!

audio doesn't work

video works but had to use iatkos disk v7 for driver

keyboard mouse works same method iatkos disk v7

tried voodoohda with no luck

did not try to enable ci qe or cl but will be working on it in time!

Let me know your progress I'm interested in audio if someone can get this up and running

Yo Bunc, I to was trying to get this going but i'm having issues. i tried installing snow leopard through restore in disk utility on and empty partition but when it started up i got a panic. Could you please share with me exactly what you did step by step in order to get SL on the p-7805u like a mini tutorial. Would be much appreciated. iAtkos v7 is doing me fine right now though. fully up and running with my wireless usb thumb drive. But could you please, would like to get this going asap. im actually playing with it right now as im talking. just took a break to see if any progress was made on this laptop by doing a google and i found this. ;)

Yo Bunc, I to was trying to get this going but i'm having issues. i tried installing snow leopard through restore in disk utility on and empty partition but when it started up i got a panic. Could you please share with me exactly what you did step by step in order to get SL on the p-7805u like a mini tutorial. Would be much appreciated. iAtkos v7 is doing me fine right now though. fully up and running with my wireless usb thumb drive. But could you please, would like to get this going asap. im actually playing with it right now as im talking. just took a break to see if any progress was made on this laptop by doing a google and i found this. :)

Um i downloaded universal 10.6 v3.5 from isohunt.

First off i used flags -v -x -f to get to boot

kept all defaults and used iatkos v7 for video still working on my lan drivers but that was pretty much it!

also used the v7 iatkos disk for the keyboard and mouse drivers! No luck on audio just yet but still plucking away at it!

the flags aren't nessary but i used anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
Um i downloaded universal 10.6 v3.5 from isohunt.

First off i used flags -v -x -f to get to boot

kept all defaults and used iatkos v7 for video still working on my lan drivers but that was pretty much it!

also used the v7 iatkos disk for the keyboard and mouse drivers! No luck on audio just yet but still plucking away at it!

the flags aren't nessary but i used anyway.

Any luck on getting this up? seems me and you are the only ones pushing our luck. I was able to get lots of it up. video and the such. was a little tricky. I am gonna try a different approach with a retail disk and inst on a second hd from within leo.

• 3 weeks later...
Any luck on getting this up? seems me and you are the only ones pushing our luck. I was able to get lots of it up. video and the such. was a little tricky. I am gonna try a different approach with a retail disk and inst on a second hd from within leo.

I guess everyone is happy with 10.5.8 I would really like to get this going had any luck with audio! Heard some talk about voodoohda64 bit for 10.6 not sure if it will work! I re-installed iatkos v7 till more people start pushing for drivers and fixes for snow leapord!