iATKOS v7 10.5.7 keyboard & trackpad problem

Frantic225

3 posts in this topic

I've successfully installed iATKOS v7 which is 10.5.7 on a MSI GX600 notebook, however after rebooting the trackpad and keyboard stop working.

If I connect an external mouse and keyboard, they work, but the builtin ones stop working.

Just to be clear, they work during the installer, but stop working after the reboot (when booting from the hard disk).

BTW, I read about loading some /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/.. however i don't have the ApplePS2Controller.kext to try it.

On another note, I can't get the OS to use my native screen resolution, I've read something about adding some "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" as boot parameters, however I can't seem to get a prompt for that anywhere, I tried pressing F8 at the Cameleon2 menu, nothing.

I've also tried placing these settings in com.apple.Boot.plist (in /Library/Preferences/SystemSettings, path might be wrong, I'm recalling but I found the empty file there):

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

The file was empty, so I just pasted these, should I also add a <root> element or something?

Thanks

About the Graphics Mode : Chameleon com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra Folder or in the Efi Partition.

As the case may be, how you installed Chameleon.

Maybe for your keyboard try the voodooPS2Controller.

h??p://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/voodoo-team-proudly-presents-voodoops2controller

I've successfully installed iATKOS v7 which is 10.5.7 on a MSI GX600 notebook, however after rebooting the trackpad and keyboard stop working.

If I connect an external mouse and keyboard, they work, but the builtin ones stop working.

Just to be clear, they work during the installer, but stop working after the reboot (when booting from the hard disk).

BTW, I read about loading some /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/.. however i don't have the ApplePS2Controller.kext to try it.

On another note, I can't get the OS to use my native screen resolution, I've read something about adding some "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" as boot parameters, however I can't seem to get a prompt for that anywhere, I tried pressing F8 at the Cameleon2 menu, nothing.

I've also tried placing these settings in com.apple.Boot.plist (in /Library/Preferences/SystemSettings, path might be wrong, I'm recalling but I found the empty file there):

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

The file was empty, so I just pasted these, should I also add a <root> element or something?

Thanks

• 5 months later...