Snow Leopard freezes at JmicronATA

homestarr

5 posts in this topic

Both my HD and my DVD drive use SATA/AHCI, not a single IDE anything in my system. Mobo is Intel DG35EC, AHCI chipset is ICH8

When I'm booting up snow leopard it locks at JmicronATA::Scanningfordrives - doesn't give me any more information. Tried deleting JmicronATA.kext but then it panics because it can't find the kext. I have a 10.5.8 partition on the same drive that runs fine, believe that I'm really close to booting into 10.6 please help!

I keep getting the same issue, funny thing is that it was working before. I know we must be missing something, so if anyone has a clue feel free to reply.

My guess is the bootloader. I got SL up and running but then messed it up after trying to restore that partition to another, im a seasoned user with leo and with tiger on my EP45-UD3P but this kitty seems more angry. :)

I keep getting the same issue, funny thing is that it was working before. I know we must be missing something, so if anyone has a clue feel free to reply.

My guess is the bootloader. I got SL up and running but then messed it up after trying to restore that partition to another, im a seasoned user with leo and with tiger on my EP45-UD3P but this kitty seems more angry. :)

JmicronATA panics if it is not used. try an updated one, or delete it.

JMicronATA.kext.zip