• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
gauravsuneja

how to get hacintosh of mac osx puma?

5 posts in this topic

i want to install mac osx puma on my core 2 duo with 945gcmx-s2 mobo with 2gb ram currently running mac osx leopard 10.5.6

plz help

You cant.

Puma is only for PowerPC processors.

The only way is trying to install on virtual machine.

how can i install it under leopard 10.5.6

@gauravsuneja: You CANNOT Install Puma at all, even under Leopard. Its either purchase a PPC Macintosh on eBay or Boot into Windows and Run PearPC which is VERY slow and takes like 20 minutes to open the most basic application due to Translating PPC > Intel x86.

Im sorry, but Puma is PowerPC Only. There is no way to hack it to run on intel hardware. 

However, if you are up to it, try googleing "PearPC". Its a powerpc g3/g4 emulator that runs on windows. Runs puma decently. Keep in mind that the program is old and abandoned. Its kinda slow and technical. I suggest you read up on it and try to run puma on it.

Also, this is not a place to discuss OSx86 questions. Next time, please use the appropriate forum board. (Read "Forum Guidelines" on the top of this page)