10A432 Still waiting for root device

ludacrisvp

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone.

New issue for SL "GM" 10a432 while attempting to boot today on my real MP3,1 dual-quad core.

I attempted to start up and I get the no smoking sign, so I booted with command v and that shows

that I am stuck at "Still waiting for root device" I have only had that issue on a hack when I didn't

have the right chipset drivers installed.

I don't get it.

I have booted in 32 and 64 bit modes under SL several times, ran the OS for a few days now and not a

single issue until today when I booted the Mac.

Any ideas?

Maybe, and this is a big maybe.....

(I ask because this has happened to me)

I've patched drives for my Hack in a USB cradle on my MacBook, and have accidently installed the kexts to my MacBook leaving it messed! You weren't doing something that could have overwritten something like that!?

Just a thought, use it , don't use it! :)

SticMAC

@SticMAC - The issue was caused by my applefilesystem driver being corrupted.

@himac59 - That site is talking about SL on PC, had you bothered to read my post you would see that I am talking about SL on a real Mac Pro not a Hackintosh.

ludacrisvp, i have same problem with SL 10A432

errors:

serialATAPI device reconfiguration did not complete successfully

Still waiting for root device

AppleAhciDiskQueueManager::setPowerState ... timed out

could you please advise how to fix applefilesystem driver?

thanks a lot

@SticMAC - The issue was caused by my applefilesystem driver being corrupted.

@himac59 - That site is talking about SL on PC, had you bothered to read my post you would see that I am talking about SL on a real Mac Pro not a Hackintosh.

• 8 months later...
i think i have same problem...any ideas? (Intel core i5 - gigabyte p55a-ud3 -2gb ram-1hdd)

Hi QWERTY.

Have you placed all the necessary extensions in:

/Volumes/(your Snow partition name/Extra/Extensions/

If not, then try getting the necessary kexts for your mobo from threads in the forum, and run the kextcache commands exactly as under, after copying them using kexthelper b7.

I'm attaching my version of the AHCI storage drivers, (KEXTs), that you must copy to the above folder.

They should get your Snow Leo working then.

Command:

chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/
chown -Rf root:wheel /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/
chmod -Rf 755 /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/
kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/

chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions/
chown -Rf root:wheel /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions/
chmod -Rf 755 /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions/
kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions/

Files:Essential_KEXTs_Freaky_Chokra.zip

Happy Booting!

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :robot:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting the same error when I tried to install iATKOS 10.5.7 on my following configuration. Now I just can't get inside Mac to perform the commands. :)

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ Brisbane 65nm Technology and MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64
RAM: 3.0GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 300MHz 5-5-5-15
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC. M2NPV-VM (Socket AM2 ) Chipset (NVIDIA GeForce 6150)
Graphics: W2043 @ 1600x900 512MB GeForce 7300 GT
Hard Drives: 488.39GB Seagate ST350041 8AS SCSI Disk Device (SCSI) and 244.20GB Western Digital WDC WD25 00JS-00MHB0 SCSI Disk Device (SCSI)
Optical Drives: SONY DVD RW DRU-190A ATA Device
Sound Device: SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio