Asus Rampage II Extreme (i7+X58): Questions, answers and sollutions to Retail install!

Felix_ro

41 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, and especially to fellows owners of the MB Asus Rampage II Extreme!

Please shout out here if you have this MB (firstly to see how much of us are here/out there) and secondly what was your experience with OS X install on this specific MB!

I for one, have a big wondering: why I can install and afterward boot very well the iDeneb 1.3 (10.5.5) and just install iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) and not being able to boot after install even using either -F -x -v -s switches!?!? What is different between those 2 edition of the distro, beside the kernel? Also what is different between booting with DVD and booting from the installed version? Why this does not work?

Also I have understand from the topic Core i7 build for Pro Tools LE and ESPECIALLY from VooD's posts (THANKS again VooD), that if we have a second computer with only a Core2 Duo, not i7, we can install Retail there and then move the HDD to the i7, we may come to a result! But this is fairly hard to do when you/me/we do not have a second computer laying around!

Keep digging, keep discover, keep saying!

I intend to gather&mix, adapt for, complete for, explain, pictures document, an guide for this install, from the valuable experience and knowledge of MJ, Dan Hammans, smegoid and VooD; but I wish first have it tested on my Asus Rampage II Extreme at home!

If this will be successfull I hope will be an easy and good adition for anyone, from novice to more experienced users!

Felix

Wow, I'm really amazed at how many people got some good use out of my work. I'm glad you guys had success getting your systems up and running. It took me several days of banging on the Rampage II Extreme to get everything working. I have a long background in doing this kind of thing, I can see how it would be nearly impossible for the casual user to do it without some form of reference.

I haven't been on this forum in a while, but today I upgraded to 10.5.8 and have everything working again. It only took me about 10-15 minutes to get audio and ethernet working again in 10.5.8 so no one should be too afraid of upgrading.

It looks like I had better follow through with my promise and start a new thread (or append to yours) with a thorough guide of setting up 10.5.8 on the Rampage II Extreme. I've been traveling a lot for work lately but am back home for the rest of this week. I should have some time to get something up relatively soon.

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for finding some time to answer to us, "casual users" ;), and surely we are waiting for your valuable background experience!

If you do not have enough time, please do this: drop me a PM with the bare stuff that you have, and I will try to build up from that, along with my findings from the process and some pictures for clearer image for everybody!

I have to say that now, I have a working 10.5.8 BUT installed on an Core2Duo, and then moved to i7, and still some problems with it: no multicore or HT, and I have a BIG pause at startup (5-10 minutes) :wacko:(

Bye,

Felix

[Reply to Post #808 from [How To] Install Leopard Retail DVD on ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 (core i7), Boot-132 + EFI Partition Boot thread!]

Hi all

I tried to install Mac OS 10.5.6 on my Rampage II Extreme, but diring first boot received following panic report:

System: Intel i7 950

6Gb DDR3 Corsair

NVidia GTX295

WD 1Tb SATAII HDD

I published old photo with busratio 24. 23 now, but error the same

What I'm doing wrong? Could anybody help me?

post-473261-1250711225_thumb.jpg

Hi all

I tried to install Mac OS 10.5.6 on my Rampage II Extreme, but diring first boot received following panic report:

System: Intel i7 950

6Gb DDR3 Corsair

NVidia GTX295

WD 1Tb SATAII HDD

I published old photo with busratio 24. 23 now, but error the same

What I'm doing wrong? Could anybody help me?

Hi Igor,

What Boot 132 CD version did you use for that?

Also have you used a Retail DVD of Mac OS X for that install?

I have to say that I also did not succeed to start from my Retail DVD (10.5.4), with either Boot 132 CD version I come upon, and I have tried VooD's (I get a restart with this one), MJ's for P6T, and also the first (original) 132 boot!

I think we have to find how to build one Boot 132 CD ourselves for our MB (Rampage II Extreme)!

If you have some time and find some info regarding that custom build of CD boot, please let me know so that I make some test with them, and hope we can do that together!

Other thing is that (from what I have read from others) that the i7 processors are not supported native by Mac OS until version 10.5.7, so if we will try to boot any of other below that ver. we will not have a successfull boot!

Bye,

Felix

I used Boot123 from theme about P6 Deluxe. First I tried to install 10.5.4 version but couldn't run even MAC OS setup. Your information about 10.5.7 is intresing. I will try to find a way. :P

I am running Snow Leopard and Leopard (retail) on the Rampage II extreme

The trick is in bios setup.

There is a youtube video four parts the explain the entire process.

Follow the MJ's guide word for word and make sure you have only 1 hd connected and one dvd.

Nothing else.

Also make sure hyper is turned off and cores is set to 1

I am running Snow Leopard and Leopard (retail) on the Rampage II extreme

The trick is in bios setup.

There is a youtube video four parts the explain the entire process.

Follow the MJ's guide word for word and make sure you have only 1 hd connected and one dvd.

Nothing else.

Also make sure hyper is turned off and cores is set to 1

Thanks jimmydigital00 for the hint!

If you have also the link to the first part of the youtube tutorial and/or to the software that allowed you to modify your BIOS, would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks for any input you will further bring in here, and for what you already told us!

Felix

Thanks jimmydigital00 for the hint!

If you have also the link to the first part of the youtube tutorial and/or to the software that allowed you to modify your BIOS, would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks for any input you will further bring in here, and for what you already told us!

Felix

Indeed jimmydigital00, if you really have seen such a guide on YouTube, and you did find the catch that is in the BIOS, please post here the link for that guide, and a short description of what trick you find that should be done to the BIOS on our MB (Rampage II Extreme)!

Thanks in advance!

Felix

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been posting on this forum for a couple of days and no

one could offer a solution so I though i might as well ask directly here.

I'm using Asus Rampage II Extreme with i7 920 overclocked.

I have both iATKOS v7 and ToHLeox86 distributions but none of them even boot up.

I am certain that the DVDs are not the ones having the problem.

For iATKOS, when I boot the cd and enter the options such as -v -x -legacy etc..

It starts to load awhile and then automatically shuts down my computer..

For ToHLeox86, the screen hangs dere giving me an ACPI error...

I've tried all possible solutions tt I've read on the internet but none can help!

Can anyone help me please? Must I modify the ktext files in the DVDs or anything?

Please guide me!

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I've been posting on this forum for a couple of days and no

one could offer a solution so I though i might as well ask directly here.

I'm using Asus Rampage II Extreme with i7 920 overclocked.

I have both iATKOS v7 and ToHLeox86 distributions but none of them even boot up.

I am certain that the DVDs are not the ones having the problem.

For iATKOS, when I boot the cd and enter the options such as -v -x -legacy etc..

It starts to load awhile and then automatically shuts down my computer..

For ToHLeox86, the screen hangs dere giving me an ACPI error...

I've tried all possible solutions tt I've read on the internet but none can help!

Can anyone help me please? Must I modify the ktext files in the DVDs or anything?

Please guide me!

Thanks in advance!

Hi applescript!

For me (us) to understand better your problem, can you be a little more specific?

For example, do you succeed to install ANY version of those distros: iPC, iDeneb, or you have only what you told us?

Did you tried with iDeneb 1.3 (OS X 10.5.5)? For me this version was working both to boot from the disk (DVD) and to install and run afterward. But not the same with iDeneb 1.4 (OS X 10.5.6), which also don't even boot to the installation program!

Please try with that version (iDeneb 1.3), and also DO NOT FORGET to disable in bios ALL the cores (except one OF COURSE) and Hyper Threading, and put the HDD and DVD on SATA ports and configure SATA as ACHI from BIOS (first I think you should also forget about overclock until you have a properly working OS X)!

If after you do EXACTLY as this variant, still don't work for you, I guess you can still try to downgrade the BIOS, and if that still doesn't work, I'm afraid you have a defective hardware (have you successfully installed any version of Windows yet: XP SP3, Vista SP2, 7 RC1???)

Tell us what is your progress!

Felix

Hi Felix,

thanks for the prompt reply. Both ToHlLeox86 and iATKOS dont even make pass the dvd boot screen.

I cant even reach the screen which I can start the installation. The error I keep getting for ToH was some acpi error and for iATKOS everytime I boot the cd after adding options like -v it just restarts after loading awhile..

I haven't tired iDeneb and neither can I find it via Google. Could you pm me the link if you have one? Thanks

And yes, I have both Windows XP x64 Edition and Windows 7 RC1. Both work perfectly fine and there are no hardware errors definitely.

Thanks for all the help. I've been posting a couple of posts over the few days but no one could assist me. I successfully installed Leopard using ToHLeox86 last year on my previous computer..but I deleted it once I got bored..

A year later this forum seems to confuse me badly. The instructions back then were simpler and more straight forward. Despite doing much reading for the past week, I can't seem to even install it..

Hi Felix,

thanks for the prompt reply. Both ToHlLeox86 and iATKOS dont even make pass the dvd boot screen.

I cant even reach the screen which I can start the installation. The error I keep getting for ToH was some acpi error and for iATKOS everytime I boot the cd after adding options like -v it just restarts after loading awhile..

I haven't tired iDeneb and neither can I find it via Google. Could you pm me the link if you have one? Thanks

And yes, I have both Windows XP x64 Edition and Windows 7 RC1. Both work perfectly fine and there are no hardware errors definitely.

Thanks for all the help. I've been posting a couple of posts over the few days but no one could assist me. I successfully installed Leopard using ToHLeox86 last year on my previous computer..but I deleted it once I got bored..

A year later this forum seems to confuse me badly. The instructions back then were simpler and more straight forward. Despite doing much reading for the past week, I can't seem to even install it..

Hey applescript!

I would gladly give you an link from where to download iDeneb V. 1.3 but unfortunately I do not have one, since I have this disk for some time now (last year, I think) and all I can do is to make an image of the disk to give you, but I don't know any sharing services that host that big file (4,5 GB)!

I strongly suggest you to redirect your search to the torrent comunity, there I think you should find it! (also if I remember correctly ALL the distros that I have I downloaded via torrents)

Also, I think those 2 distros that you have, are very exotic, and you will not find much support or info about them; so, stop wasting your time with them.

Furthermore, I believe that we should here FOCUS and have just ONE GOAL: RETAIL install!

Why? Simple: NO distro will work as the ORIGINAL (retail)!

So, if you REALLY want to have a working Mac OS X, with apple updates and everything, we should join forces and build up a working way of installing retail for our MB!

If you just want a Mac computer and don't want to bother about updates, then take that iDeneb v.1.3 and you'll have your machine running in few minutes, but not easy to update!

Not lastly, I agree that this forum, has begun to be more and more confusing each month, and you can just find contradictory explanations and when you find one that seems to be better for your task, you will find a lot of references and links to some old and maybe not existing pages, and also to the just mentioned contradictory pages!

That's why I have started this thread, to have some CLEAR and EASY answers for some noob like me (us, if you admit it also), for that specific MB! Unfortunately, although there seems to be some people that successfully installed retail on Rampage II Extreme, they did not to help us, but just merely started to confuse us more (like the guy that write here that there is a easy way to install and that the trick is in BIOS settings, and that we can find on YouTube the movie with that explanation, and after that no answer at all, even if I write him on the pm)!

Hope you'll figure out what you want to do, and tell us what is "your way" from now on so that we know if we can count on your experiences as well!

Felix

Hi,

I managed to find iDeneb 1.3 alr. Will let you know when the results come. I am quite noob at this and my previous install last year wasn't as difficult so I didn't really bother to learn abt kexts and bios mods and boootloaders and stuff..

I've bought a retail Snow Leopard upgrade disk but there seems to be no way to install it without another installation of OS X? Is it possible to do so? I came across this website which seems to have instructions..

http://3rr0rists.com/macintosh/how-to-inst...il-in-a-pc.html

I'm not willing to try it out yet cos I haven't opened my Snow Leopard dvd yet. I'll probably have to sell it off if I cant install...costs 48 Singapore dollars here..I'm looking for a stable install to use it regularly so yeah a retail install would be good but I don't have a retail Leopard disk..

Even if I had a leopard disk, how do I go about installing it? Do I just get any bootloader then insert my disk half way and successfully install it? For our MB, I've read numerous articles on how to change ACPI kexts and bios mods and stuff but none make sense to me cos they weren't explaining how to go about doing them..

Thanks for all the help (:

Hi,

I managed to find iDeneb 1.3 alr. Will let you know when the results come. I am quite noob at this and my previous install last year wasn't as difficult so I didn't really bother to learn abt kexts and bios mods and boootloaders and stuff..

I've bought a retail Snow Leopard upgrade disk but there seems to be no way to install it without another installation of OS X? Is it possible to do so? I came across this website which seems to have instructions..

I'm not willing to try it out yet cos I haven't opened my Snow Leopard dvd yet. I'll probably have to sell it off if I cant install...costs 48 Singapore dollars here..I'm looking for a stable install to use it regularly so yeah a retail install would be good but I don't have a retail Leopard disk..

Even if I had a leopard disk, how do I go about installing it? Do I just get any bootloader then insert my disk half way and successfully install it? For our MB, I've read numerous articles on how to change ACPI kexts and bios mods and stuff but none make sense to me cos they weren't explaining how to go about doing them..

Thanks for all the help (:

Hi again applescript!

It seems that you really do not have the basics, so I will try to tell you what I have figured out so far, and if I got it wrong and said it, then, I hope someone more knowledgeable will correct and complete me!

Firstly, I believe that as long as you bought an UPGRADE installation kit (the one that is sealed by Apple at 29USD), then FOR SURE it is meant for an upgrade, hence the need for an existing installation!

Secondly, I think that upgrade kit will not help you with any distro, as long as it is meant for NATIVE/VANILLA/RETAIL install of Mac OS X 10.5.x! For that you will need to have (as I have already said for the updates) an retail install! So, keep that kit close for when you'll have the installation working!

Now what I understand about all that "adventure" that is installing Mac OS onto a PC!

1. Definitions:

Boot = the process of loading an OS from just the help of the BIOS or bootloaders

Bootloaders = a tiny program that loads after the BIOS and that know how to load an OS from a specific place (disk, partition, folder, device, etc.)

kext = think at this as at a driver from Windows, but it is more like a description file(s) that have the properties and the specifications of the specified component; hence the possibility to edit and modify those for working with close similar hardware

2. The install process (for Vanilla/retail install)

Since Mac OS was built to run on JUST Mac hardware and since those do not have BIOS but have an EFI (or GUID partition scheme), we on PC's need to trick the Mac OS into believing that he is running on a such hardware.

For that we need

a - at install a Boot CD, that will trick the Retail Install disk

b - after install, a bootloader that will trick the installed Mac OS

Both (Boot CD and bootloader) will have the same purpose, but in different stages (install, and normal running)

After tricking the Retail Install disk with the Boot CD, you normally should be able to run the Mac installer from that retail install disk with all its parts: partitioning, choosing the drive/partition to install and choosing the components to install. You got the point...

Then, after the install finishes, and ask for restart, after restart you'll need again the Boot CD, since you do not have already a bootloader installed (this do not come with Mac :( )! So use the Boot CD to get the prompt and then choose the proper disk and partition where you have just installed the Retail Mac OS, and it will load it!

Oance you will be in the Mac OS desktop, you will have some things to do, but I suggest that the first thing is to have a bootloader insalled - this one is the Chameleon bootloader!

Atfer bootloader install and before restart, you will probably need some kext's in the /Extra/Extensions folder ("/" being the root folder of the partition where you have installed Mac) or in the EFI partition (this is a little more complicated and I did not go to far with this approach)! Those kext's should be the one that will make your specific hardware to run on Mac (like PS/2 keyboard and or mouse, specific chipset IDE and SATA controller, audio chipset, etc.), but are not all necessary, just 2 of them ARE mandatory: a disabler and a decryptor! What EXACTLY those are doing I do not know, and I would like to see someone that know better to come and say! Also which of the numerous variants of disabler and decryptor that are around is proper for a specific install and processor, is also unknown by me!

If you have those 2 (bootloader and the 2 kext's) you can go ahead and try your install without the Boot CD!

The rest is just finding the proper "drivers" in kext files or editing some ".plist" files for proper detection and accessing of your specific hardware!

And if you did not figured out until now, YES, YOU NEED to know EXACTLY what hardware you have, and this not just like "I have a Intel chipset, an Realtek audio chip, and an Pioneer DVD RW". NO, you MUST know your hardware in DETAIL!

And since the Asus page of details on our MB is not AT ALL descriptive (shame on that Asus), we have to rely on some programs that can say EXACTLY what specific chips do we have on our hardware (those programs exists both in Mac and Win)!

Well that's all for now, and I hope you have a little bit clearer idea and image of the hole process!

Also I promise that IF I will find a proper Boot CD or some help for how to construct such CD for this MB (Asus Rampage II Extreme) and the i7 processor, I will do a step-by-step guide, with ALL the commands that need to be inputted from the keyboard, and with pictures for the important steps! Until then, I have to figure out also for myself first and have a proper Retail install of SL (Snow Leopard, now)!

Felix

Hi all,

It seems this tutorial of getting Snow Leopard to install w/o any previous OS X installation seems to work for many.

Perhaps someone should try it out. I may do so in a few days when I'm free..but don't wait for me! Try it out yourselves people! Let us know the result!

Thanks

Hi Felix & all with the Asus Rampage II Extreme :)

Have been planning a system a while now - and a bundle deal of Core i7 920, Antec P180 case & this motherboard has got things moving for me :D Firstly big thanks, has been great to find info on this hardware here & in other threads!

Wanted to ask who has had success with Barshad's tutorial:

Leopard 10.5.7 Vanilla Installation on Asus RAMPAGE II Extreme [GUIDE/TUTORIAL]

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...howtopic=178986

This guide looks great, with clear instructions, but am missing the prepped DSDT.aml file.

Does anyone have the zip of files Barshad posted? Please could you re-post, as the zip download link on RapidShare has expired?

The other files can be easily sourced:

BIOS 1406 from Asustek's product page: http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=W7i5W4Pw4fH22Mih (select your OS under downloads)

MacDrive (trial): http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/

iAtkos v7: from a friendly-neighbourhood torrent near you :unsure:

But the prepared DSDT.aml file is the key item, so, if anyone has it, please-please could you post it here? :)

Hi Felix & all with the Asus Rampage II Extreme :)

Have been planning a system a while now - and a bundle deal of Core i7 920, Antec P180 case & this motherboard has got things moving for me :) Firstly big thanks, has been great to find info on this hardware here & in other threads!

Wanted to ask who has had success with Barshad's tutorial:

Leopard 10.5.7 Vanilla Installation on Asus RAMPAGE II Extreme [GUIDE/TUTORIAL]

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...howtopic=178986

This guide looks great, with clear instructions, but am missing the prepped DSDT.aml file.

Does anyone have the zip of files Barshad posted? Please could you re-post, as the zip download link on RapidShare has expired?

The other files can be easily sourced:

BIOS 1406 from Asustek's product page: http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=W7i5W4Pw4fH22Mih (select your OS under downloads)

MacDrive (trial): http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/

iAtkos v7: from a friendly-neighbourhood torrent near you ;)

But the prepared DSDT.aml file is the key item, so, if anyone has it, please-please could you post it here? :)

Hi MontagZA and welcome to our (little) thread!

I have seen several people around (even here above) that stated they have installed Retail on our MB, Rampage II Extreme, but none of them has actually put some value into their statements by giving some hints or guides to follow!

Also, I think if you are trying to install ANY distros around, then you should test by yourself which one works for you and your needs, but we here all try to install the RETAIL version (aka Vanilla install). I personally successfully installed iDeneb ver. 1.3 and quite good, and almost everything worked, but was not a retail install, that's why I started to find a way for that.

Now with SL (10.6.x) on the market, probably we should also focus on this one, instead of Leopard (10.5.x).

The link you provided, is to a so called Vanilla install, but IT IS NOT, as long as it is loaded from a "distro" (in this case, iAtkos)!

I have found (with the help of one of our fellow, mouki) on another forum a DSDT files pack but did not get to test it yet!

Who has more time and willingness to test it and to post here the results?

Here is the file http://rapidshare.com/files/266645316/DSDT1504.zip taken from http://www.uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewtopic....p;sk=t&sd=a forum! (thanks mouki)

Cheers!

Felix

Hi Felix! - and much thanks for the reply & link :)

Sorry if my request was then a bit off-topic - I'm fairly new here, having joined to gather info a few months ago & now getting ready to build/install- I'd assumed that Vanilla was similar enough to Retail, but that tutorial obviously does use iAtkos - which does however come highly recommended by a friend who's had quite a few successes with it by now ;) Still, it is appealing, as the resulting HaxMac is apparently as good as a retail install on true-blue Apple HW, with SW update & all intact... as long as the underlying HW BIOS/drivers,etc. are correctly set up. Will try the 1504 BIOS & DSDT from your link with Barshad's method & post my results.

Retail is still the Holy Grail/ultimate aim, i'm sure – especially, as an old & (insanely sometimes? ;P) loyal Mac user, i'd still be buying a license for the machine. Will keep an eye open here for further developments, and add what info I find, if it can help :)

Hi felix and all rIIe guys.

I'm glad to say that i have an 10.5.7 iATAKOS v7 installed today.

BIOS Settings

/change

Disable FDD

Ram set to 1600MHz

Main -> Storage Configuration -> AHCI

Power -> ACPI 2.0 Support -> Enabled

Boot iAtkos v7

CPUS=1 mach_970 busratio=20 -v

Install Customize

select

iatkosv7 -> main system

bootloader -> chameleonv2

x86 patch -> /extra

x86 patch -> decrypters -> appledecrypt

x86 patch -> APIC Driver

drivers -> vga -> nvidia -> enablers -> natit

drivers -> system sata/ide -> ahci

drivers -> intel sata/ide

drivers -> network -> wired marvell -> marvell...88e8056

Post_install Actions

Start Vista put DSDT on root

boot -v

http://ul.to/z6zfkp

http://rapidshare.com/files/266645316/DSDT1504.zip

I found on the forum of  http://www.uphuck.com/

Now im full using of 10.5.8 with all cores but bus freq=533 ( will try snow later and if get it on then i leave a feedback.

• 2 months later...
Hello everybody, and especially to fellows owners of the MB Asus Rampage II Extreme!

Please shout out here if you have this MB (firstly to see how much of us are here/out there) and secondly what was your experience with OS X install on this specific MB!

I for one, have a big wondering: why I can install and afterward boot very well the iDeneb 1.3 (10.5.5) and just install iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) and not being able to boot after install even using either -F -x -v -s switches!?!? What is different between those 2 edition of the distro, beside the kernel? Also what is different between booting with DVD and booting from the installed version? Why this does not work?

Also I have understand from the topic Core i7 build for Pro Tools LE and ESPECIALLY from VooD's posts (THANKS again VooD), that if we have a second computer with only a Core2 Duo, not i7, we can install Retail there and then move the HDD to the i7, we may come to a result! But this is fairly hard to do when you/me/we do not have a second computer laying around!

Keep digging, keep discover, keep saying!

Any luck booting into os x . try after try my i7 965 intel & asus rampage ii extreme up & running

Any luck booting into os x . try after try my i7 965 intel & asus rampage ii extreme up & running

So, after all you did succeed to boot and install or not?

I am asking this since from your post, I (at least) cannot get the right idea if you are asking or telling! :wacko:

Cheers!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Felix_ro and all guys

My experience with OSX and this MB is depressing............ the installation of retail 10.5 version hangs with the boring waiting for root device error (the sata hdd and dvd are set to ahci).

BTW...... here a patched bios version 1504. I've removed the cpu aliases and fixed all remarks and warnings.

Succeeded with vanilla snow leopard install.

First of all, my bios version is 1639.

Rampage ii extreme. i7 920. 12gb main memory. Radeon 5770.

LG blueray ODD (connected to 6th sata port)

sata 1 -> 500gb seagate (macos)

sata 2 -> 500gb seagate (windows 7)

sata 3 -> 1.5tb seagate

3rd pci express slot (set as 8x8) -> highpoint rocketraid 2320 (has mac driver) connected to 6 hard drives

What I did.

* restore retail snow leopard (10.6) image to 8gb flash

* Install chameleon v2 rc4 on this flash

* Install some kext under /extra/extensions. (mostly from rampage ii gene guide, but used fakeSMC)

Here be careful not to install extensions for 10.6.2

* Do not put any dsdt, plist files. I tried with dsdt but it always gave me kernel panic. Without these, no problem to install 10.6. You can deal with them after installation finishes.

* Boot from usb, it gave me installer screen.

* After installer, choose language and disk uitlity. In my case, because of raid card, disk utility hangs (later solved, after installation, driver issue) So I formatted hard drive using diskuitl under terminal JHFS+.

* After installation finishes, before reboot, bring terminal and install chameleon v2 rc4 to target volume.

* Now reboot, you should have mac desktop. Little tweaking here. drivers and kext. I've made dsdt and plist files as well. If you want to have this. (bios 1639). I will upload it.

* update to 10.6.2. (be careful with sleepenabler, search forum. used fakeSMC)

Everything works except my graphic card is working in vesa mode.

After I installed brother scanner driver, I am having shutdown issue. (need to investigate).

When you boot from flash, try -v or -v -x.

If it is not working, I am glad to help you. Show me the message from -v. And sorry for my poor english.