iDeneb 10.5.7 installed but still want to restart

11 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

after tweaking around and reading a lot of tutorials i have decided to install iDeneb 10.5.7 on my Lenovo Thinkpad T61p. I have read tons of tutorials and tons of HCL and find out that lot of installations worked out of the box, with few things fully working and some not or partially working, but leopard booted. Mine not ;) . I can get to chameleon 2.0 i select the partition where the mac os x is installed, but it is showing loading for 30 secs and after it tells me to restart machine everytime i want to boot iDeneb. I have tried to install drivers which worked for users with same laptops and hardware, but it does not work. Even clean install without drivers. Does anyone have some idea what to do now?

T61p specs 6460-8YG

PROC: Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2,4GHz,

Chipset: Intel GM/PM965 chipset

RAM: 4GB RAM DDR 2 667Mhz

HDD: WD Scorpio Black 320GB, 16MB, 7200rpm, 12ms, Free-Fall sensor

GFX: Nvidia Quadro FX 570 256MB

SFX: SundMAX HD Integrated soundcard probably AD1984 as users with same laptop reported

ETH: Intel 82566MM Gigabit

WiFi: Intel 4965AGN

Other Things: 1GB Intel Turbo Memory, TPM Chip, BT, PCIMCIA, Memory Card Reader,

I had no problem installing and upgrading iDeneb to 10.5.8 in vmware on the same machine under Vista x64, but native install doesnt work. Tried iPC 10.5.6 Live DVD or iDeneb 10.5.7 many time with some drivers selected or clean with same result boot to screen saying restart with restart button or push power of button for long time. I will be very happy if someone will point me to some solution how to find out even what is wrong to search for something which will solve my problem.

Thank you.

Does your mobo have memory remap option? Maybe your problem is related to mine in that iDeneb will not run w/ 4GB.

Take a look here and see if anything applies to you: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...t87267-100.html

If you can, try taking out memory and see if you can boot with only 2GB. DO NOT boot with maxmem=2048 because that did not work for me, you need to physically take out the memory.

That seems to be the only way for me to run iDeneb on my system, and unfortunately, when it comes to this forum, it can be days, weeks, or even months before anyone more knowledgable than either of us will respond. :|

Or you can always try another distribution.

@anaxagoras

Hello.

If U have installed Chameleon V2. Then U can run in verbose mode. While booting press and hold F8 button. After that U will see load screen of Chameleon. When U will choose system drive w/ arrows just press "-" (w/o " ) and U will see at the bottom left corner input line.. there U can type: -v and will go in verbose mode

You don't even need to do any of that.

When you're on the 'select disk' screen, just press the up/down keys for options, including verbose.

He won't see screen like You describer, if he installed Chameleon v2

Yes, he will! That's exacty what he should see with Chameleon v2!

I've installed Chameleon 2. If I don't press any button, it will just load my main OSX System copy. If I will hit and hold F8, it will show grey or blue screen (don't remember) where will e listed my drives in the circles. Chameleon will be drawn on the top right or left corner. I can navigate through them with left/right arrows and if i hit some letter key, command line will appear at the bottom of the screen.

The video works very different to my setup.

On boot, I get my nice graphic "Choose your OS" with choice of Mac OS or Windows 7.

In that screen, you just need to press the down arrow to get all the options for that OS, including verbose, safe, video help, memory help, etc. etc.

It's all part of the Chameleon RC2 install. No need for all this F8 stuff at all.

post-448042-1250612667_thumb.jpg