Linksys WMP 300N- no N mode?

skball123

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have rebranded my Linksys WMP 300N card as per another peer here on this forum. Now, in System Profiler, I get:

Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x87)

Wireless Card Locale: USA

Wireless Card Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.38.35)

In Network Utility, it says under Network Interface (en1):

Link Speed: 54 Mbit/s

Link Status: Active

Vendor: Apple

Model: Wireless Network Adapter (802.11 a/b/g/n)

Now, I have 2 networks in my house. One that is for the older G devices, and another that is for N devices. The networks are easily distinguished as Network_G and Network_N. I can only see Network_G in the Airport menu, so that tells me something is not working on the N radio mode. My other real mac can see the N network, so I know it works.

I don't know what else to try. If anyone has any ideas, please share.

Thanks so much!

;)

• 1 month later...

My WiFi stopped working a couple weeks back and now I have to port files between this Mac and my built mac. I have a relatively new Hawking USB WiFi that had worked fine and now will not even show up as a device.

Now I am trying a card, the LinkSys 300N. I am needing to get something, anything working again.

My machine shows no card in the PCI slot. I have read another thread where you can re-brand this card using ubuntu, but that process is not very clear to me. I have no experience with ubunto and unless it will install on my 8 gig thumb drive and boot from it, I don't know how I would do it anyway.

I have also read where I have to get rid of all installed realtek drivers and only use a certain driver. I tried al the directions except I don't know which drivers I am supposed to remove. Can anyone please tell me which drivers I will need and which drivers I must remove to have this card working? Re-branding it would be a second option but getting the machine back online is a high priority for me.

Much thanks