Easiest way to install ATI x1600 pro AGP drivers

C0mputerNick

2 posts in this topic

Ive been all over the forums and google and have come up with many ways to install the drivers for my x1600 pro agp card, which use to work fine a while back when i was using 10.4.8.

So far everything ive tried either leaves me with a blue screen (the hot corner trick is pretty slick) or i get kernel panics and have to reinstall. and any way i try only gives me resolution, not QE and the others.

I seem to recall that there use to be a natit application that would install everything for you, reboot and its done.

Ive been out of the scene for a while and came back to give it another shot, but cant seem to find any solid how-tos on how to get this going. Is there any automatic ways of installing these without having to edit kexts and the like?

was hoping it would have gotten a bit more streamlined now.

Im using the ideneb 10.5.7 dvd, on a Asus P5PE-VM board, have everything working, audio, lan, etc. ive tried the x1600 drivers on the dvd and it just gives me a blue screen with a cursor, (and no way to get the hot corner trick working)

thanks for any help you can give. video is the only thing im missing at this point. (only took me about 20 installs to figure out the right combination)

Wow really? no one has anything for me?

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to install the x1600 AGP 512MB drivers?

or point be to a good walk through, everthing ive found doesnt work.

I got closer, but now the screen is half blue with a cursor the bottom half is all garbled.

Ive edited the kext files for my device id, but it didnt help.

Does anyone know what happened to the natit installer? does it work with 10.5.7?

Someone has to know something!

Ive been all over the forums and google and have come up with many ways to install the drivers for my x1600 pro agp card, which use to work fine a while back when i was using 10.4.8.

So far everything ive tried either leaves me with a blue screen (the hot corner trick is pretty slick) or i get kernel panics and have to reinstall. and any way i try only gives me resolution, not QE and the others.

I seem to recall that there use to be a natit application that would install everything for you, reboot and its done.

Ive been out of the scene for a while and came back to give it another shot, but cant seem to find any solid how-tos on how to get this going. Is there any automatic ways of installing these without having to edit kexts and the like?

was hoping it would have gotten a bit more streamlined now.

Im using the ideneb 10.5.7 dvd, on a Asus P5PE-VM board, have everything working, audio, lan, etc. ive tried the x1600 drivers on the dvd and it just gives me a blue screen with a cursor, (and no way to get the hot corner trick working)

thanks for any help you can give. video is the only thing im missing at this point. (only took me about 20 installs to figure out the right combination)