[Help] Mac OSX on P5K-PL, Q6600, radeonHD4870, ...

baallrog

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody !

I'm trying to install Mac OSX on my PC. Dual booting with Windows Vista.

So there is my configuration :

• mobo : P5K-PL
  • Proc : Q6600
  • ram : 3go
  • graphic : RadeonHD 4870
  • I have 3 SATA HD
  • 1 IDE DVD drive
  • Microsoft wireless keyboard 1000
  • Microsoft mouse wireless explorer 2.0

I have try the Iatkos DVD. But I have a kernel panic. One time I have succed. But the bootcamp doesn't want to work and I was running the 9.5.0 kernel (perhaps the new kernel 9.7.0 doesn't have something better but the newer it's the better it's ... no ?)

So i'm asking your help to have the best installation.

Perhaps another release would be better for my configuration or perhaps I have not selected the good component while installing.

Another anoying thing : my keyboard doesn't work properly. I have a different keymapping... very disppointing me. In addition I'm french so I want the "é" and other caractere like that !!

Thank you very much in advance !!!

Hi everybody !

I'm trying to install Mac OSX on my PC. Dual booting with Windows Vista.

So there is my configuration :

• mobo : P5K-PL
  • Proc : Q6600
  • ram : 3go
  • graphic : RadeonHD 4870
  • I have 3 SATA HD
  • 1 IDE DVD drive
  • Microsoft wireless keyboard 1000
  • Microsoft mouse wireless explorer 2.0

I have try the Iatkos DVD. But I have a kernel panic. One time I have succed. But the bootcamp doesn't want to work and I was running the 9.5.0 kernel (perhaps the new kernel 9.7.0 doesn't have something better but the newer it's the better it's ... no ?)

So i'm asking your help to have the best installation.

Perhaps another release would be better for my configuration or perhaps I have not selected the good component while installing.

Another anoying thing : my keyboard doesn't work properly. I have a different keymapping... very disppointing me. In addition I'm french so I want the "é" and other caractere like that !!

Thank you very much in advance !!!

Have you looked here.... http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.6#Asus

Please try using "SEARCH"

Thank you, this is a begin of answer.

Unfortunatly I have already check this.

But It doesn't answer all my questions ... :unsure:

For example what kernel mus I use ...

How can I make my keyboard fully working ...

But thank you

But the bootcamp doesn't want to work and I was running the 9.5.0 kernel (perhaps the new kernel 9.7.0 doesn't have something better but the newer it's the better it's ... no ?)

Bootcamp does not work on a hackintosh. Bootcamp simply added a BIOS compatibility module to the EFI firmware to be able to boot system that use the BIOS firmware to boot. On a hack you have to do it the other way round. You already have the BIOS firmware so there is no need to have a compatibility module to boot systems that require it. To boot OSX you simply have a bootloader which implements EFI. If you want to dual boot look into bootloaders such as Chameleon which is easy to use.

In System Preferences-->International you should be able to set your keyboard.

iPoco

PS: Use the right forum.