Success! iatkos 10.5.7

13 posts in this topic

After weeks of trying every distro I could get my hands on, and many many problems I have finally gotten osx86 working on my touchsmart! I wound up using iatkos v7 10.5.7 with basically the customize options it had auto-selected. The only ones I had to add were a nvidia one (dont remember name) for my 9300m gs and nvdaresmen.kext to get rid of the damn black screen caused by the nvidia kext. And a huuuge bonus with iatkos is it has the onboard audio working, wich everyone said would not work on the iq series. If anyone has one and needs help let me know, I will go back and see exactly what I had to check off it make it work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
After weeks of trying every distro I could get my hands on, and many many problems I have finally gotten osx86 working on my touchsmart! I wound up using iatkos v7 10.5.7 with basically the customize options it had auto-selected. The only ones I had to add were a nvidia one (dont remember name) for my 9300m gs and nvdaresmen.kext to get rid of the damn black screen caused by the nvidia kext. And a huuuge bonus with iatkos is it has the onboard audio working, wich everyone said would not work on the iq series. If anyone has one and needs help let me know, I will go back and see exactly what I had to check off it make it work.

DUDE!!!!! I've been working on my iq 506 for 4 days now and I havent found a way to remove the black screen..... can you help me!? thnx

• 1 month later...

likewise I can get the screen to work if I boot into safe mode, otherwise in normal mode just a black screen. I have Vine VNC server on this system and when I log on remotely all is fine, just the local screen is black.

Havent got the audio to work as yet either!! :(

IATKOSV7

Nvidia Geforce 7600GC

Infinity RS482 Mobo

• 1 month later...

Just a small correction, but Apple iMacs have MUCH much higher specs. The lowest-end one has a 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo with a 9400m, while the one the OP referenced has a 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo and just a 9300m. The highest-end iMacs now have up to 3.46 GHz Core i7s and a Radeon HD 4850 dedicated card. Sorry, I probably sound like a jerk but I couldn't stand by and let my beloved iMacs be insulted! :P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys!

I tried running iAtkos v7 (10.5.7) and my for about 2 weeks. I read nearly every post on the internet. But it still doesn't work!! I can install it, without problems but while booting the first time it still stucks at the white apple logo. I tried different configurations for the installation but nothing worked. Every time I booted with -v there was another Error. Sometimes the picture changed (after the apple logo) and suddenly i heard some strange dance music ... :(

Now im wondering if my system is compatible with this programm. I am using a:

Acer Travelmate 5730G Laptop

Intel Core Duo P8600 (2,4GHz, 1066 Mhz FSB, 3MB L2 Cache)

4GB DDR2

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 Hyper Memory

320 GB HDD

I installed MAC on a seperate partition because i'm also running windows 7. Dual Boot is no problem but MAC OS X does not boot.

Can someone help me please choosing the right configuration for the Install? I think this is my problem. i tried installing without VGA driver different Kernels..(What is the "best" Kernel for my System)...

You would make me sooooo happy!!!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Finally limited success with an aging Gateway MT6841. Everything fairly functional except the Intel3945 wireless; but I expected that. Finally got am "Ethernet" kext that supports the Marvel Yukon88E8038 ethernet. Only current glitch is screen resolution of 1024X768 when it should be 1280X800.

• 3 years later...