Latitude 2100 Netbook Instructions - HOW TO

DPazdan

34 posts in this topic

I figured as much. I had the same issue when I had Snow Leopard installed. I'm guessing this has to do with the SATA controller. Currently I have Win 7 installed, but left a 15GB partition for OSX. I got Win 7 to play HD video from Youtube and other sources smoothly after updating the SATA controller driver. I'm hoping to get more feedback from others that have OSX installednso we can work on a solution.

i have a 16 gb ssd on mine... so i dont really have a SATA controller. ACPI kext could be an issue?? what about chipset Kext?

i have a 16 gb ssd on mine... so i dont really have a SATA controller. ACPI kext could be an issue?? what about chipset Kext?

I believe the SSD is still a SATA Drive, just no moving parts. I know our hardware is similar to the Mini 10, so it would be interesting to see if they have been experiencing this problem as well. If so, what solution they might have come up with.

go to system preferences, accounts, and create an administrator password. Then when you run dell efi make sure you are logged in as the admin and if it promps you for a login/pass use the admin one.

Let me know if that works cuz it sounds like the files did not install because of permissions issues. The other thing I would try is running disk utility, repair permissions again and restart and press F8 then type in -f -v and press enter

Hey man, thanks alot DPazdan for your instructions.. I'm workin on getting my 2100 up and running as well. However, I have the same problem with the cannot install extensions error 1 with the DELLEFI. I ran through all these steps, and couldnt get anything .. same error over and over again. I tried older versions of DELLEFI, and nothin - is the problem software based like inside OSX or hardware based?

Let me know if you could think of anything else that could help.. Thanks alot for your time! Much appreciated!

Clem

To get your latitute 2100 working, all you have to do is follow this tutorial, after installing dellefi you will get an error 1 message, don't mind that and continue installation when finish reboot, then when back up an running go to dellefi installer right click on it and select show package contents then go to content/resources/oldgma folder and install AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer with Kexthelper, reboot and you will have the right resolution and full qe/ci acceleration

I got everything working on my 2100 except for sleep/wake up function.

to get wireless working remove IO80211Family.kext from system/library/extensions and replace with broadcom

To get your latitute 2100 working, all you have to do is follow this tutorial, after installing dellefi you will get an error 1 message, don't mind that and continue installation when finish reboot, then when back up an running go to dellefi installer right click on it and select show package contents then go to content/resources/oldgma folder and install AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer with Kexthelper, reboot and you will have the right resolution and full qe/ci acceleration

I got everything working on my 2100 except for sleep/wake up function.

to get wireless working remove IO80211Family.kext from system/library/extensions and replace with broadcom

whenever i install AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer with Kexthelper...my screen is grey and the laptop doesnt seemed to load properly (i then have to remove the Kext on safeboot/command prompt)... is there something i need to enable/disable in bios? So currently i dont have quartz extreme enabled...

whenever i install AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer with Kexthelper...my screen is grey and the laptop doesnt seemed to load properly (i then have to remove the Kext on safeboot/command prompt)... is there something i need to enable/disable in bios? So currently i dont have quartz extreme enabled...

I installed everything as tutorial, only install msi package from ideneb 10.5.6 nothing else and it works for me

• 4 months later...

thank you everyone for your knowldege... i successfully installed snow leopard on my latittude 2100 with everything working except the ethernet port and sleep function! Everything on the first try. You guys are awesome!

2100SnowLeopard.jpg

edit: just got dual boot working also... now have both 10.6 snow leopard and windows 7 running!

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to install osx on my latitude 2100 but I dont have an external dvd drive. I have tried writing the ideneb image to a flash drive, but it doesnt work, gives me a kernal panic. SO does every other attempt ive made. Anyone have any ideas about how to install osx without an external dvd drive or access to a mac?

Thanks,

XA

• 4 weeks later...
I am trying to install osx on my latitude 2100 but I dont have an external dvd drive. I have tried writing the ideneb image to a flash drive, but it doesnt work, gives me a kernal panic. SO does every other attempt ive made. Anyone have any ideas about how to install osx without an external dvd drive or access to a mac?

Thanks,

XA

i tried flash drive...had problems also... ya gotta find a usb external DVD drive.. make sure you have an external monitor hooked up as well and hit "FN" and the monitor button (F8) right after the dell boot up screen or you will have a hard time continuing do to the resolution limitation.