• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
Wellmedia

VPN Info

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to (posting) on the forum, and have since succesfully set up OSx86 on my i7 thanks in part to the information here.

I've been thinking it would be nice to access my computer (Since I will be leaving it on most of the time) from outside my home office, and I was considering finding a cheap Atom Netbook, hackintoshing that and running some sort of VPN configuration to do just that.

Essentially, I'd like an effective method of screen-sharing/file-sharing with administrative access from a WAN accesspoint.

Any information to get the ball rolling (Links, articles etc.,) you may have for me on creating an effective VPN network would be greatly appreciated.

All computers will run 10.5.7 or later, the tower is wired.

Thanks in advance

I have no idea, the only VPN service I have ever used was Hamachi.

Btw, if you're looking for a cheap netbook, the MSI Wind rules. I'm saving up for one :D

Hamachi is a great free tool, but getting the tun/tap drivers working in OS X aren't nearly as easy as they are in windows.

There's HamachiX or you can run from command line if you want to be adventurous. Lifehacker had a writeup on the terminal commands about a year or two ago.