Apple Remote Desktop 3.3

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I need to have ARD 3.3 to remote into my xserve from my macbook. When I installed snow leopard into my macbook it kept my old version of ARD that is incompatible. How can I get ARD 3.3 installed? Or could anyone hook a brotha up with a zip file of the app? :D

not to put any pressure on the community or anything, but this issue has reduced me to tears

So I guess running the OS that works is out of the question? If so you'll be crying a lot because there are many things that don't work in SL.

I will not sleep or rest until ARD 3.3 runs beautifully on mah Sno Leopard install. As soon as it works I'll post a solution for you guys here.

Sno Leopard has been running really well for me other than this problem. I'm really happy with the zippyness and the sophistication of expose.

I've stopped crying for now... its time to be strong... -_-

• 2 weeks later...

Found a fix for this one, guys.

First, delete /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement using AppZapper or AppClean or whatever you choose...pulls the .plist files, too. Just clean out the folder if you wish.

Then go about installing whatever version of ARD you want. It should work. If it doesn't, hunt /CoreServices for more files related to ARD 3.3.

Let me know how it goes.

##WARNING## - It kills Screen Sharing. Chicken of the VNC works just fine, but you can't serve Screen Sharing (via Sharing prefpane) or Remote Management. I'm sure a fix will come out with the release.

~Otori Shigeru

• 5 weeks later...