Ideneb 10.5.6 with Realtek 888 High Definition Audio

Minkfeld

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I installed Ideneb 10.5.6 on my Acer Aspire 5737Z notebook. I did the installation without any drivers because with drivers the installation could not finished.

Now I'm trying to install the audio kext for the Realtek 888 High Definition Audio. I tried ALC888, AzaliaAudio, AppleHDA + ALCinject. But no one of these work.

Now I tried the VoodooHDa kext. It works but not really good. A have a lot of noise and cracking in the sound. I hope anyone can help me because I don't know what to do anymore.

Attached my hardware information.

Thanks,

Mink

post-213002-1245958391_thumb.jpg

post-213002-1245958400_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I installed Ideneb 10.5.6 on my Acer Aspire 5737Z notebook. I did the installation without any drivers because with drivers the installation could not finished.

Now I'm trying to install the audio kext for the Realtek 888 High Definition Audio. I tried ALC888, AzaliaAudio, AppleHDA + ALCinject. But no one of these work.

Now I tried the VoodooHDa kext. It works but not really good. A have a lot of noise and cracking in the sound. I hope anyone can help me because I don't know what to do anymore.

Attached my hardware information.

Thanks,

Mink

i saw this on another post

if you go to applications > utilities > audio MIDI setup

then change the audio output from 2ch 24-bit to 2ch 16-bit, should work....

if you go to applications > utilities > audio MIDI setup

then change the audio output from 2ch 24-bit to 2ch 16-bit, should work....

Thanks for your answer but it does not work. I till have the noise and cracking. Any other idea?

@cartuxo

what video drive did you use? i cant put my 9400m g working

I have the same problem. My 9400M G does not work. Strangely, the 9400M is installed in some Mac Books. So I think that it must work somehow.

I tried it with the method in this tread:

Link

But after reboot theres only a black screen and i have to reinstall the complete system....

If you found any solution for this problem, please let me know. I will keep you informed if I have some new information.

Best Regards,

Björn

Thanks for your answer but it does not work. I till have the noise and cracking. Any other idea?

@cartuxo

I have the same problem. My 9400M G does not work. Strangely, the 9400M is installed in some Mac Books. So I think that it must work somehow.

I tried it with the method in this tread:

Link

But after reboot theres only a black screen and i have to reinstall the complete system....

If you found any solution for this problem, please let me know. I will keep you informed if I have some new information.

Best Regards,

Björn

thanks.if i know any solution i will let you know

I have exactly the same problem than you Minkfeld

I'm using iatkos v7 10.5.7 and tryed with lots of drivers and no one works properly.

Everytime the sound is like cutted, like broken

:D

i don't know if i have a realtek 888 or 1200 because the two kexts worked equally

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Is there any progress with 9400m g on Leo? I'm in the one boat with all of you.

Hi, I have the drivers for 9400M for the Acer Aspire 5737Z, they work on the correct resolution but no QI/CE, if anyone wants them here they are, the only thing i made to this kexts was to add the PCI ID of the card to the info.plist, and they work without black screen, i didn't wasted too much time with them, but i think that with the appropriate String on the com.apple.boot.plist they should work with QI/CE, i am sending my strings with the kexts too (no QI/CE).

If anyone has Black Screen installing other drivers (mines no, this ones must work), there is a simpler solution to revert the situation without re-instaling, if you have windows install Macdrive and delete the nVidia related kexts on the extensions folder, if you don't you can use the command line booting with -s flag, and entering the following:

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm-rf NVDANV*.kext

reboot with -f flag

ALLWAYS hitting ENTER after each command line, when the system boots should be ok again..

Good Luck :(

NVDANV40Hal.kext.zip

NVDANV50Hal.kext.zip

NVDAResman.kext.zip

Strings.txt

NVinject.kext.zip

GeForce.kext.zip