8 posts in this topic

My system is like this:

Disk 1: 10gb

Part 1, 6 gb: OS X86

Part 2, 4 gb: Unused

Disk 2: 120gb

Part 1, 60 gb: Win XP

Part 2, 60 gb: Unused

Now I want to format disk2, part2 so I can use it with OS X86, but when I format it as HFS and then restart, I just get "Darwin don't support your hardware".

I'm booting of Disk 2

My system is like this:

Disk 1: 10gb

Part 1, 6 gb: OS X86

Part 2, 4 gb: Unused

Disk 2: 120gb

Part 1, 60 gb: Win XP

Part 2, 60 gb: Unused

Now I want to format disk2, part2 so I can use it with OS X86, but when I format it as HFS and then restart, I just get "Darwin don't support your hardware".

I'm booting of Disk 2

That error means your CPU doesn't support SSE3 and you haven't patched your boot sector to take out the SSE3 check.

What are you using to format this partition? Are you using a deadmoo installation? As far as I know, the boot, boot1u and cdboot files on this installation were not patched.

That error means your CPU doesn't support SSE3 and you haven't patched your boot sector to take out the SSE3 check.

What are you using to format this partition?  Are you using a deadmoo installation?  As far as I know, the boot, boot1u and cdboot files on this installation were not patched.

Yes , I'm usin deadmoo's image. How do I patch the *boot* files?

I have a SSE2 processor.

What are you using to format this partition?  Are you using a deadmoo installation?  As far as I know, the boot, boot1u and cdboot files on this installation were not patched.

Help please...