Chameleon EBIOS read error after crash

TauTau

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have two problems obviously, and it seems one resulted from the other. When I try to access my DVD Burner (LG something on IDE, board is a Asus P5B Plus), every second time OSX86 crashes (iDeneb 10.5.7). The last time it did that, it seems it hurt the chameleon loader, since now it brings up an error

EBIOS read error 0x01

(some Disk sector)

After it writes that about 20 times on the screen there's a message "problem on booting, pause 5 secs" and then it boots into OSX86.

While it seems that OSX86 works ok so far (didn't check the windows installations yet), I have a bad feeling keeping it that way.

Is there a way to fix chameleon? I'm a bit of a noob on manual installation, that's why I chose the iDeneb distro which works quite easy, but because of that I have no idea how to fix that bootloader :)

Of course another big problem is the crash on DVD access, and I really need to fix that...

does at least someone have an idea what the crashing on dvd access means? I will reinstall, but I want to avoid that happening again of course :hysterical:

Is it an IDE optical? And do you have more than 3GB of RAM? One or the other may have to go - there are fixes out there, but the only one that worked for me, was getting a SATA drive.

I still get the EBIOS error too. That's my last dragon to slay.