Sims 3

charl13dontsurf

3 posts in this topic

Ok - got Sims 3 from D2D and installed and upgraded it to the latest release. When I click to play I get ""There is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your internet connection is active." Obviously I am connected to the internet so this DRM {censored} is punking out somewhere.

Using a newer mac book. Installed it on an older Mac book and it works fine without these errors.

Running as root, I ran Contents->MacOS-> cider from the Sims 3 package. When I hit play, I see the following in the terminal window:

/Applications/The\ Sims\ 3.localized/The\ Sims3.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;

mr-garrison:~ root# /Applications/The\ Sims\ 3.localized/The\ Sims3.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;

err:reg:Nt_openConfigW could not retrieve the module file name (reason: 'bad module')

err:reg:Nt_openConfigW could not retrieve the module file name (reason: 'bad module')

2009-06-06 10:19:02.091 cider[378:10b] Unable to find class: tgApplication, exiting

logout

[Process completed]

I ran it from cider on the mac book that works and the only difference is the "Unable to find class: tgApplication, exiting". I'm new to cider. I tried messing around with the info.plist etc but I simply cannot get this thing to work.

Any thoughts? I am completely baffled.

Reinstalled on an external drive and patched it up. This is what I see:

/Volumes/simz/Applications/The\ Sims\ 3.localized/The\ Sims3.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;

mr-garrison:~ harris$ /Volumes/simz/Applications/The\ Sims\ 3.localized/The\ Sims3.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;

2009-06-06 12:10:10.865 cider[1329:10b] [CDataSerializer::writeXML] : could not open report file at /Library/Application Support/TransGaming/.tgID

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_stereo_channels device 262 failed to get preferred stereo channels (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_channel_volume_writable device 262 failed to get volume writable (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_format failed to get device 262 format inputChannel: 0 (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_stereo_channels device 260 failed to get preferred stereo channels (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_channel_volume_writable device 260 failed to get volume writable (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_format failed to get device 260 format inputChannel: 0 (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_stereo_channels device 258 failed to get preferred stereo channels (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_channel_volume_writable device 258 failed to get volume writable (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_format failed to get device 258 format inputChannel: 0 (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_stereo_channels device 257 failed to get preferred stereo channels (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_channel_volume_writable device 257 failed to get volume writable (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_format failed to get device 257 format inputChannel: 0 (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_format failed to get device 264 format inputChannel: 1 (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_format failed to get device 258 format inputChannel: 1 (0x77686f3f)

err:wave_audiodevice:audio_device_format failed to get device 257 format inputChannel: 1 (0x77686f3f)

2009-06-06 12:10:14.963 cider[1329:10b] Could not obtain patch manifest at http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/s...te_manifest.xml : file doesn’t exist (-1100)

Debugger() was called!

And I get the connection problem message - so it doesn't see my connection properly..??

And when I click play..

2009-06-06 12:14:26.159 cider[1403:10b] [CDataSerializer::writeXML] : could not open report file at /Library/Application Support/TransGaming/.tgID

fixme:crt:__clean_type_info_names_internal stub! {addr = 104434D0}

logout

[Process completed]

It's trying to call home. Follow the instructions on installing a no-cd crack. Supposedly you have to replace the main exe with the one provided after installing. It should go somewhere in transgaming/c_drive then the path to the original sims3 exe.