8600M GT VGA Out! (SOLVED)

landgrendesign

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm on a hackintosh laptop with iDeneb 10.5.5 and I'm running it with a Nvidia 8600M GT 256mb card.

It works but not on VGA Out (I only have VGA out, no DVI!).

When I connect another monitor to the laptop, both the laptop and the monitor's screens turns black. The only way to get myself out of this state is to hit the power off button on my computer.

I have tried to change the NVCAP number on the nvkush.kext I am using from the orignal number to "04000000 00000100 02000000 00000007 00000000" which I read would be a solution to this issue in a thread but it didn't change or affected anything in my case.

My System Profiler says this under the graphic section:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T8300 @

Processor Speed: 2.39 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache: 3 MB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL VMX EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM SSE4.1

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 100 MHz

Boot ROM Version: BOOT.88Z.EFI.V80.061193037 (Phoenix Technologies LTD)

Serial Number: CK157KMHK5B

So the laptop is running under the right settings with hardware support and alld ( I can play games like Age of Empire 3 without any problem or stuttering at all) but the VGA doesn't work.

I have searched around the forum for some days but haven't found any thread with another solution but the one that I already tried.

I hope you guys can help me

PS. NVKUSH seems to be the only kext that will work on OS X

Help would be appreciated :)

Solved this issue today using Nicholaslee's solution.

Changed NVCAP on NVKUSH.kext in Info.plist to: 04010101 0E000100 0E000000 0000010B 00000000

Don't forget to repair permissions before you reboot!

Cheers! 

:P

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hi folks,

I have a nVidia Geforce 8600M GT with 512 MB, VGA-Out and HDMI-Out running in my ASUS V1S-AJ033E Notebook.

I got it working from the start with my iDeneb 1.6 Install (OSX 10.5.8). amd internal notebook display in full resolution.

What REALLY is a pain in the ass for me: I was not able to get the analogue VGA-Out to work with my Standard-TFT yet, although I have spent several days. Using Linux/ Windoze this has never been a problem.

Used the search, browsed nearly every thread inside the insanelymac forum concernig the 8600M GT and this crappy TV-Out problem. Tried all the proposed mods for the kexts. Tried NVkush, NVinstaller, NVinject. Modified the nvcap values. No success. If I connect the external TFT, all I get is a frozen system, which I have to reboot or a black screen.

I can imagine, that my question is kind of annoying or too noob for many of you. But don't get me wrong: I am not impatient or lazy and I have several years of Unix/ Linux experience. Maybe, somone can lead me to the right config - that would be more than great! Every advide is appreciated.

Cheers