BioShock cider… I hope

Jackhamma's Machamma

5 posts in this topic

Right so I installed a copy of BioShock via BootCamp and followed the instructions from the YouTube cider port vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w53tt8QJ95w) and tried to launch it to no avail. I searched around here on the forums and didn't see any other BioShock threads so I figured I'd start one.

Has anyone else tried this? Has anyone gotten it to work? Or have people discovered that it's a useless effort and have since abandoned the idea? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'll keep dinkin' around with it and see if I can't get it working.

So far the problem is it just won't start; the icon appears in the dock for a split second and leaves again. I'm thinking it has something to do with the startup menu. Any ideas on a workaround? There must be someway to just tell the game to nix the menu and go directly into the game, but I have no idea where to start looking for it.

If you need anymore information just give me a yell n' I'll try to supply you with what I know.

Thanks! And here's hoping for a working version of BioShock! :(

Right, now I'm stumped. If anyone has any suggestions as far as bypassing the startup menu that'd be super.

Right so I installed a copy of BioShock via BootCamp and followed the instructions from the YouTube cider port vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w53tt8QJ95w) and tried to launch it to no avail. I searched around here on the forums and didn't see any other BioShock threads so I figured I'd start one.

Has anyone else tried this? Has anyone gotten it to work? Or have people discovered that it's a useless effort and have since abandoned the idea? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'll keep dinkin' around with it and see if I can't get it working.

So far the problem is it just won't start; the icon appears in the dock for a split second and leaves again. I'm thinking it has something to do with the startup menu. Any ideas on a workaround? There must be someway to just tell the game to nix the menu and go directly into the game, but I have no idea where to start looking for it.

If you need anymore information just give me a yell n' I'll try to supply you with what I know.

Thanks! And here's hoping for a working version of BioShock! ;)

Right, now I'm stumped. If anyone has any suggestions as far as bypassing the startup menu that'd be super.

I think you should go into the info file and poke around with the main nib file setting. I think if you go into english in the resources folder and find something that sounds like it should skip the menu, then change the main nib file setting to it.

For exaple, in sims 3 cider wrapper it says in the info file:

•	CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion	1.0
•	NSMainNibFile	launcher
•	CFBundleIconFile	sims3

The main nib file is launcher, which usually describes something that happens before the game starts because a launcher isn't launching itself.

In the resources/english.Iproj folder there is:

•	launcher.nib
•	MainMenu.nib
•	paulUI.nib

Since it's already set (in my case) to launcher, i would try MainMenu.nib, then paulUI.nib. And make sure when you type into the info file you DO NOT type ".nib"

So thats what i suggest trying. Im kinda new to cider too, but seeing that nobody else is replying i decided to give my 2 cents.

Now, i also have another suggestion if that doesn't work. List all teh .exe files in the game folder. Find which one the shortcut points to.

For example: TmNations has these exe's:

TmNationsForever.exe
TmForever.exe

I found out using boot camp that if i run TmNationsForever, it would start the game normally with the config window, but if i ran the TmForever.exe it would skip the settings window and go directly into the game. Try doing something similar to this with your game.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Bioshock vs 1.0.1 for mac is out, download the Demo here, found on apple site. http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/game...s/bioshock.html

I guess all those non working ciders can be trashed then eh. I'm downloading the demo, then I'll replace the demo with the full version, just hope its all the same.

P.S. Black and White 2 is also out for mac. Black & White 2 does not seem to be a cider app, not sure about Bioshock thou.

Edited

I just played Bioshock on mac and its not a cider version, just like BW2, Unreal Tournament, it has a loader. Not sure how I can add my full version to it, if anyone has any ideas.