GMA 900 and 10.5.7

yozh

11 posts in this topic

I'm using this AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext on my Dell and it works fine! I updated with 10.5.7 Combo so I know it overwrote all the others! The ElliottAppleIntelGMA950LegacyEnabler.kext is still in the extensions directory but is not loaded.

SticMAC

• 1 month later...

Fixed it myself. Get stock 10.5.7 kexts (AppleIntelGMA*, all four of them), and use the framebuffer posted in this thread. Do NOT install Elliot's enabler. It seems that in my case it did load successfully but somehow caused tearing on the mouse. After I deleted the enabler, everything works fine now. My GMA900 is recognized as GMA950 with 64 MB memory, although that's not true, but I don't care. It works flawlessly now :) Device ID: 0x2592, Revision ID: 0x0003, vendor Intel :)

EDIT: even though system profiler showed QE working, it actually isn't! working. Tried with screensaver and DVD playback :) forget the above!

EDIT 2: it must be the integratedframebuffer that's causing the tearing. tried with many different versions of the drivers, and it makes no difference. unfortunately the only integrated framebuffer that works for me (without external display etc.) is this one so far ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

it's working...

ideneb 10.5.6 + 10.5.7 combo update = blue screen, no mouse

the problem is the aplleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext file. boot with -s option, "mount -uw /", delete appleintelintegratedframebuffer.mkext and the extensions.mkext too. restart, log in (resolution is my laptop is 1024*, no hw accel, but this way always boot the gui)

get the attachments, configure it. (texedit info.plist files in the kexts and other files) system profiler says to what id work in your machine (my is 2592) replace all instances, save, kexthelper. restart

my opengl.framework is not the newest, i try the 10.5.5 stock version, and it's work with me. maybe this is the key?

sorry my english, i just try to help... pls response.

GMA900_10.5.7.zip

• 4 weeks later...

kovac, thanks a lot for your help. unfortunately, it didn't work for me. my device id is also 2592. i've deleted all gma950 files and the integratedframebuffer, and replaced them with yours. i didn't have to change anything in the info.plist files, as we have the same device id. the result is the same. it works, but with tearing. examples of tearing are randomly appearing black box close to the apple logo on the start menu, and duplicates of the pointer appearing when changing shape (e.g. from cursor to pointer, or animation etc.). the only way i can fix it is using cursorcerer and mouse locator (the combination constantly replaces whatever the cursor may be, with a fixed cursor, avoiding the duplications). do you have these artifacts?

p.s. i went ipc 10.5.6 -> 10.5.7 way. never used ideneb.

1. system ideneb 10.5.6

2. upgrade combo kit 10.5.7 (but these kit are overwrite the old opengl.framework)

3. replace with old (in my case: 10.5.5) opengl.framework

qe and ci are working? im my case are not, but if i change the opengl.framework to oldest one, the qe and ci are work again, with these mouse artifacts. not disturbing problem for me.

kovac, thanks a lot for your help. unfortunately, it didn't work for me. my device id is also 2592. i've deleted all gma950 files and the integratedframebuffer, and replaced them with yours. i didn't have to change anything in the info.plist files, as we have the same device id. the result is the same. it works, but with tearing. examples of tearing are randomly appearing black box close to the apple logo on the start menu, and duplicates of the pointer appearing when changing shape (e.g. from cursor to pointer, or animation etc.). the only way i can fix it is using cursorcerer and mouse locator (the combination constantly replaces whatever the cursor may be, with a fixed cursor, avoiding the duplications). do you have these artifacts?

p.s. i went ipc 10.5.6 -> 10.5.7 way. never used ideneb.

Have anyone gotten any closer to a proper solution yet? I need QE to install Logic 9, and I've been messing around with kexts, framebuffers and OpenGL without success - the only two results have been A) GMA900 with fixed 1024x768 w/o QE and ;) fully working GMA900 but w/o QE. I'm using iDeneb 1.5 (10.5.7). Suggestions?

And hi, btw. New user, fairly n00b when it comes to OSX86 but eager to learn.  :)

+H+