Trying to partition , but stuck now

siam

2 posts in this topic

I am in the process of trying to installing iDeneb , and I am having a problem with creating a new partition on my Windows XP machine, as I want to dual boot windows XP and OS X , this is the route ive taken..

Right click My computer

Select Manage

Disk management

My existing empty ''D'' partition ( 75GB ) is the one I want to install OS X on , when I Right click and look for ..Delete Partition all I can see is ... Delete logical Drive , I wanted to create a new unformatted primary partition , but as I can't see the delete Partition

on the drop down menu, ( only Delete Logical Drive ) I can't go any further , I am still learning , so can some one please tell me where I am going wrong , and how to do it correctly - - :)

maybe your second partition is not primary so it's normal to see "delete logical driver" so just go ahead and delete it. Anyhow I use paragon partition manager (win version or hiren's boot cd version), paragon is very friendly as interface.

Anyhow you might need paragon to set your new partition's ID to 0xAF by hand, otherwise you'll not be able to format it as Journaled from OSX's disk utility when you'll start the installation.