Intel Core2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz

MSI G31M3-F mobo (1600FSB model)

--Northbridge: Intel P35/G33/G31 rev. 10

--Southbridge: Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) rev. A1

4GB GeIL 800FSB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Toshiba DVDRW IDE-drive (DS-R5112)

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 120GB IDE HDD

BIOS Configurations: LEGACY Support disabled (wouldn't work with it turned on at all)

EDIT: I forgot to say, that i modded the BIOS with the MS-7528v12 rom

I finally managed to get iDeneb to actually install on my machine, but..

When the bootloader appears and i choose verbose mode while booting, i get this when the system hangs:

May 12 06:53:23 localhost DumpPanic[50]: Error getting a reference to IODeviceTree:/options

May 12 06:53:23 localhost DirectoryService[52]: Launched version 5.6 (v514.24)

rtl_r1000_nic_ext: Ethernet address XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

May 12 06:53:26 localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindows....bla bla (didn't get the whole thing on my camera)

Started -- Threaded auth

May 12 06:53:29 localhost mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-176.3 (Sep 30 2008 16:59:38)[42]: starting

jnl: unknown-dev: flushing fs disk buffer returned 0x5

May 12 06:53:30 localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[72]: starting

...and from here, nothing happens.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what could be the cause of this?

I had exactly the same problem and motherboard. I did various reinstalls, and finally found out that my problem was the NVinject. I did a fresh install but with NVdarwin and it finally booted up correctly.

All in all, it isn't really stable, at least using the vanilla kernel. Let me now how it works out for you.

Awesome, thank you very much for this. I am not sure about which driver i should use for my soundcard, but i think i can figure that out myself.

I'll do a fresh install and report back here.

Ok now i tried installing it twice in a row, getting some insane outputs just before it hangs if i do a -v -x

My choices:

Audio: ALC888 (the fixed one)

Chipset: ICHx Fixed

Kernel: I've tried all, but same thing happens

Network:

-- Ethernet: RealtekR1000

GFX: Nvdarwin

This is the output i get - it hangs where i took the picture:

post-426165-1242142733_thumb.jpg

Notice the "jnl: unknown-dev: flushing fs disk buffer returned 0x5" ?

It spams this along with the AppleDecrypt - what to do? Could it have something to do with my harddrive not working correct?

When i swap the HDD with my SATA 250GB HDD, it wont even let me install - i get this: IOATADevice blocking bus. I have bought a SATA DVDRW-drive now, ill see if this helps when i get it.

I just got a brand new SATA DVD-Combo drive, and it worked perfectly.

I had to pull out my GTX 260 tho which i am not happy about. I am now in search for a driver for this GFX.

Ok, now everything on my MSI G31M3-F motherboard works, except for my VGA controller. Does anyone have knowledge about any working kext for Intel 82G33/G31 Express on-board VGA?

I am not able to even force the resolution 1920x1080 with the "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32@60" - it just chooses 1280x1024 instead. This has been tried with my GTX 260 running VESA and with my on-board. Any suggestions?