MSI P45 Platinum FULL WORKING!

16 posts in this topic

1rst: Thnx to Stellarola (you rox man!) on help me for the patched dsdt.aml and the mod minivoodoopower.

Lets go...I used the last bios 1.6

BIOS: load the default and enable the SATA ichr10 as AHCI then save, i suggest to disable what you not use for example, the I/O com port etc...

RETAIL INSTALL: Get the last xpc (see the post UEFI bootloader in NEWS section), and add in the root my patched dsdt.aml and the kexts in attachment

Insert the retail Leopard dvd and install booting from XPC USB key then choose the DVD player...be sure to disable the AHCI if u use the JMICRON devices.

Once installed the retail you can also use the last beta Chameleon as bootloader, is better because it recognize overclock and shutdown properly.

Drivers needs:

AUDIO: VoodooHDA (download it at Chameleon webpages install )

VIDEO: Use efi strings :)

LAN: See attachment RTGMac_v2.0.0.zip

SMBIOS: my own smbios.plist macpro 2,1 in attach (Quad mono cpu) working fine with chameleon...for xpc mod the setup machine....

Speedstep is workinf in chameleon using my kests (minivoodoopower modded by Stellarola)

Sorry for my english.

Hope it helps,

For audio freaks pro...UAD-1 PCI wont allow this motherboard to power off properly, (DONT USE IT IF U WANT A PERFECT POWER OFF),

Firewire Jmicron chipset here dont wont works properly with my Mackie ONYX firewire mixer audiocard, i had to plugin an extra pci firewire card with Texas Instruments Chipset, but it works fine with my M-audio firewire devices.

Logic 8.02, Cubase5.01, Reason 4, UAD2-pcie QUAD, tons of cr@k°d plugins are working fine here...tested 2 days!

ENJOY this motherboard....i had 6050 as geebench result, with a Q6600@3 GHz and 8 GB DDR2 ram!

extra.zip

RTGMac_v2.0.0.zip

10.5.7 is fully working!!

Now you can delete 3 extrakexts;

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA

LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage

because the chipset ich10r from 10.5.7 is working out of the box.

• 2 weeks later...
1rst: Thnx to Stellarola (you rox man!) on help me for the patched dsdt.aml and the mod minivoodoopower.

Lets go...I used the last bios 1.6

BIOS: load the default and enable the SATA ichr10 as AHCI then save, i suggest to disable what you not use for example, the I/O com port etc...

RETAIL INSTALL: Get the last xpc (see the post UEFI bootloader in NEWS section), and add in the root my patched dsdt.aml and the kexts in attachment

Insert the retail Leopard dvd and install booting from XPC USB key then choose the DVD player...be sure to disable the AHCI if u use the JMICRON devices.

Once installed the retail you can also use the last beta Chameleon as bootloader, is better because it recognize overclock and shutdown properly.

Drivers needs:

AUDIO: VoodooHDA (download it at Chameleon webpages install )

VIDEO: Use efi strings :)

LAN: See attachment RTGMac_v2.0.0.zip

SMBIOS: my own smbios.plist macpro 2,1 in attach (Quad mono cpu) working fine with chameleon...for xpc mod the setup machine....

Speedstep is workinf in chameleon using my kests (minivoodoopower modded by Stellarola)

Sorry for my english.

Hope it helps,

For audio freaks pro...UAD-1 PCI wont allow this motherboard to power off properly, (DONT USE IT IF U WANT A PERFECT POWER OFF),

Firewire Jmicron chipset here dont wont works properly with my Mackie ONYX firewire mixer audiocard, i had to plugin an extra pci firewire card with Texas Instruments Chipset, but it works fine with my M-audio firewire devices.

Logic 8.02, Cubase5.01, Reason 4, UAD2-pcie QUAD, tons of cr@k°d plugins are working fine here...tested 2 days!

ENJOY this motherboard....i had 6050 as geebench result, with a Q6600@3 GHz and 8 GB DDR2 ram!

Hi there, can you please give more detail about how you setup the UEFI bootloader on a USB key. I have this motherboard with an old patched bios (v1.1) would really like to update to 1.6 from MSI but dont want to lose 10.5.6 booting. im using iPC with vanilla kernel (basicly retail).

Can you write a little guide to setting up the USB key please? Also how did you get around the lack of ICH10 support in 10.5.6, this is needed to install right?

Cheers!

LB

• 2 weeks later...

Sir

Please help me to install Leopard On Msi P45 Platinum.I have "XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2" Install Disc

When i Boot This DVD System Restarted 

Please helpme to install this 

My System Config

Intel Q6600

Msi P45 Platinum With 1.6 Bios

Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512 MB 

4 GB RAM

500 GB HDD

LG DVD RW

Please give me detailed step by step installation info

Yours Faithfully 

Play DVD BOY

Sir

Please help me to install Leopard On Msi P45 Platinum.I have "XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2" Install Disc

When i Boot This DVD System Restarted

My System Config

Intel Q6600

Msi P45 Platinum With 1.6 Bios

Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512 MB

4 GB RAM

500 GB HDD

LG DVD RW

Please give me detailed step by step installation info

Yours Faithfully

Play DVD BOY

Try using iPC XL DL 10.5.6, mount the DMG and restore the install.DMG to usb drive. Use the new chameleon bootloader and add in macitas files from the post above for the DSDT. Not tried it but it might just work! I have this distro running on a patched bios. im writting this post from it.

Previously you couldnt install with this mobo becuase of the dsdt. something to do with beta version of 10.5.6, but this is not required for retail. iPhonetom made a bootloader for USB that might work too.

Try using iPC XL DL 10.5.6, mount the DMG and restore the install.DMG to usb drive. Use the new chameleon bootloader and add in macitas files from the post above for the DSDT. Not tried it but it might just work! I have this distro running on a patched bios. im writting this post from it.

Previously you couldnt install with this mobo becuase of the dsdt. something to do with beta version of 10.5.6, but this is not required for retail. iPhonetom made a bootloader for USB that might work too.

Sir

First thanks for info

Can u please post patched bios For MSI P45 Platinum and iPhonetom's bootloader for USB

am waiting For u r detailed info

Play DVD BOY

i dont reccomend patching the bios. when i patched mine a year ago it was the ONLY way to run osx on this mobo. jumpstart retail install with this guide..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1164318

Sir

i download mod Bios for my mobo, its working.But i dont know which items (i mean drivers) i select .

post-122085-1243944508_thumb.jpg

post-122085-1243944460_thumb.png

Play DVD BOY's

I think for you the problem is how to install the retail...because after that u can install chameleon..

i need find the xpc trhead then ill paste here...

Cannot use other methods because you needs the patched dsdt.aml

Cant find it, maybe deleted or lost after some problems in this board....

You need check some alternative that included the patched dsdt.aml for boot.

I think for you the problem is how to install the retail...because after that u can install chameleon..

i need find the xpc trhead then ill paste here...

Cannot use other methods because you needs the patched dsdt.aml

Cant find it, maybe deleted or lost after some problems in this board....

You need check some alternative that included the patched dsdt.aml for boot.

Am using MSI P45 Platinum motherboard with 1.6 bios and Intel Q6600 Quad Core pro with Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512 MB Graphics Card 

Sir can you please make a bootcd for my mother board or boot USB . Am using windows Vista 64bit. So I can't make boot cd 

can you please write step by step installation  

So please help me sir ....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I tried to install iatkos v7 but no results. The dvd boots fine and i tried vanilla kernels without any bootloaders. The installation reaches 100 % but when it restarts nothing happens. I didint know which drivers to choose during custom installation. I need also bios settings (click bios msi). İ have two hd one containning windows7 and the other for osx86. İ would like to dual boot these os . İ have a p45 msi platinum mobo

• 10 months later...