Broadcom 57xx (id: 1677) + iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) issue

mosheau

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I am a complete newbie, and I have never used Mac OS before, so please bear with me. I just installed iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) on a Dell Dimension 8400 machine (dual boot with Win7 RC1) , after a couple of trials and errors, and everything seems to be working now, except LAN. I spent 2 days to fix it, but no success so far. Since I tried so many different approaches I found here (and other places in the net), the system become kind of unstable now, and I will make a fresh installation tomorrow. Before starting my fresh installation, i decided to ask for advice:

The integrated network card is a Broadcom 57xx (vendor id: 14e4, hardware id: 1677). I am aware that there is a sticky on Broadcom 57xx series, but it is so easy to get lost in those 30+ pages of posts. I would be so glad if somebody who knows how to run this card in OSX can put down a step by step tutorial for me (assuming I am a drool). This may be of help to other newbies as well, since it is easy to get lost in that epic sticky 57xx thread if you are not certain what you are doing. Thank you very much for the help !!!

I could do with some help with the same problem too. I have a BCM5751, with the same vendor and hardware ID, so I would appreciate any help that anyone can give!

I finally figured it out yesterday, and i'll post a step by step tutorial tonight.

• 1 year later...