AC97 Problem!

indie86

6 posts in this topic

I am trying to configure the /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/ so my OSX has sound... but the kext file isn't even there.

Is this normal? I've searched the HD too and it doesn't seem to be in the directory. :\

ANy ideas?

is there a sound card showing in your system prefrences? it should say ac97 audio. if so your sound is working. you just have to switch the prefences to input instead of output. then change 2ch audio to 4ch. then change it channels 1 and 2 to 3 and 4. and bingo. if there is no sound card showing up then you are probaly booting in safe mode, which disables the sound card on my setup.

I too have this issue. There is no AppleAC97Audio.kext in the system/library/extentions folder. I am not in safemode. There is also no sound card in my system preferences. I am using onboard audio. All it says when i click on the Audio in the system profiler is "Audio (Built In) --- No information found.

Anyone have any ideas? I've been searching around the forum but havent' come across anything of use yet.

I too have this issue.  There is no AppleAC97Audio.kext in the system/library/extentions folder.  I am not in safemode.  There is also no sound card in my system preferences.  I am using onboard audio.  All it says when i click on the Audio in the system profiler is "Audio (Built In)  ---  No information found.

Anyone have any ideas?  I've been searching around the forum but havent' come across anything of use yet.

that kext is located on the darwin-x86 8.01 iso

that kext is located on the darwin-x86 8.01 iso

Hello! Me and my housmate (erm... basically my housemante) have managed to install OSX in my Toshiba 2.2 celeron laptop, everything seems to work great apart from sound and not being able to play DVDs.

Could any please help with these? Especially the sound part is really annoying. the card will not even show up in system preferences.

Many thanks

I'm also trying to get my sound working, however for those of you who can't seem to find the kext file as specified by you guys here

"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/"

That's because it's NOT in "/System", it's in /Library etc. Read the wiki for Audio again carefully and good luck!