Troubles with ALC888b on a G41M-ES2L

synmaster

12 posts in this topic

This is super frustrating. :(

I had the sound working previously in 10.5.6 retail, so I know it works. Of course I have no idea what I did originally to patch it. That install was throwing tons of everything I had in the extras folder and running every patch i had. I didn't even know I had working sound. Until I went to check, and I just figured it was simple.

I decided to try and install iPC to see how that went. Well it went, and my sound went with it.

So I did the obvious and formated and reinstalled the retail again.

Now no matter what HDA kext I put, I get nothing.

I have tried the EFI strings, AppleHDAPatcher, ALC888Audio.mpkg, AzaliaAudio.pkg, osx86tools, EFIstudio, GigabyteP35CC, etc

tried permissions, DSDT.aml etc

Obviously I am missing something. Since it worked the first time :wacko:

Here is the build

MB GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L 775 R

CPU INTEL|C2Q Q8200 2.33G 775 4M R

VGA SPARKLE SX98GT512D3L-NM 9800GT

Install using Boot123 / Retail 10.5.6 / Chameleon 2.0

Hopefully somebody can shed some light on my problem.

• 1 month later...
This is super frustrating. :)

I had the sound working previously in 10.5.6 retail, so I know it works. Of course I have no idea what I did originally to patch it. That install was throwing tons of everything I had in the extras folder and running every patch i had. I didn't even know I had working sound. Until I went to check, and I just figured it was simple.

I decided to try and install iPC to see how that went. Well it went, and my sound went with it.

So I did the obvious and formated and reinstalled the retail again.

Now no matter what HDA kext I put, I get nothing.

I have tried the EFI strings, AppleHDAPatcher, ALC888Audio.mpkg, AzaliaAudio.pkg, osx86tools, EFIstudio, GigabyteP35CC, etc

tried permissions, DSDT.aml etc

Obviously I am missing something. Since it worked the first time :wacko:

Here is the build

MB GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L 775 R

CPU INTEL|C2Q Q8200 2.33G 775 4M R

VGA SPARKLE SX98GT512D3L-NM 9800GT

Install using Boot123 / Retail 10.5.6 / Chameleon 2.0

Hopefully somebody can shed some light on my problem.

Sorry I do not have the answer to your question but I need your input on the install you have. I just purchased the GA-G41M-ES2L today at Frys (wanted GA-G31M-ES2L but that is now discontinued). I am trying to install using boot 123 and Retail 10.5 but I cannot get past the starry window beach ball. It gets stuck there with no messages whatsoever. My rig is E5200, GA-G41M-ES2L with both DVD and HDD on IDE. HDD is set to master and DVD is set to slave. What exactly is your setup and how did you manage to get your install going?

Best Regards

Gireesh

Sorry I do not have the answer to your question but I need your input on the install you have. I just purchased the GA-G41M-ES2L today at Frys (wanted GA-G31M-ES2L but that is now discontinued). I am trying to install using boot 123 and Retail 10.5 but I cannot get past the starry window beach ball. It gets stuck there with no messages whatsoever. My rig is E5200, GA-G41M-ES2L with both DVD and HDD on IDE. HDD is set to master and DVD is set to slave. What exactly is your setup and how did you manage to get your install going?

Best Regards

Gireesh

IDE will not work, use SATA :D

• 1 month later...
This is super frustrating. :)

Hi,

Sound - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=176069

Regards,

Ruy

• 6 months later...

InsanelyMac forum gave me lot of HELP in making my Hackintosh Computer. Thx!

This GA-G41M-ES2L is a very good MB for SL hackintosh.

Sorry for my poor english, not my native language.

Snow Leopard 10.6.2 ( SleepEnabler.kext)

Mainboard: GA-G41M-ES2L

Q8300, 2GB x 2, WD Green 500GB, Chemeloen RC3 as boot

Zotak 9800 GT 512MB, works fine for either vga or DVI output, no black screen after boot, with NVEnabler64.kext, no EFI strings needed in com.apple.Boot.plist

onboard sound and nic just work fine, modified LegacyHDA.kext and dsdt.aml,nic use realtek1000SL.kext

add Asus 138G V2 WiFi PCI Card as Air port station for internet sharing, no drivers needed

Samsung XL2370 LED, perfect full HD, enegy saving and slim

G5 Keyboard, AL Full size keyboard also works fine

Mighty Mouse

Home_Best_G41M_ES2L_MAC_Chemeloen_X64.zip

RealtekR1000SL.kext.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
InsanelyMac forum gave me lot of HELP in making my Hackintosh Computer. Thx!

This GA-G41M-ES2L is a very good MB for SL hackintosh.

Sorry for my poor english, not my native language.

Snow Leopard 10.6.2 ( SleepEnabler.kext)

Mainboard: GA-G41M-ES2L

Q8300, 2GB x 2, WD Green 500GB, Chemeloen RC3 as boot

Zotak 9800 GT 512MB, works fine for either vga or DVI output, no black screen after boot, with NVEnabler64.kext, no EFI strings needed in com.apple.Boot.plist

onboard sound and nic just work fine, modified LegacyHDA.kext and dsdt.aml,nic use realtek1000SL.kext

add Asus 138G V2 WiFi PCI Card as Air port station for internet sharing, no drivers needed

Samsung XL2370 LED, perfect full HD, enegy saving and slim

G5 Keyboard, AL Full size keyboard also works fine

Mighty Mouse

Home_Best_G41M_ES2L_MAC_Chemeloen_X64.zip

Oops! After 3 month's SL system experience, I'm starting missing Leopard. How about Leopard Installation on G41M-ES2L ? Googled many... I make it!

Again, This attachment may be a little help, I hope. Enjoy!

Again, sorry for my poor English.

G41M_ES2L_Leopard_Extra.zip

Oops! After 3 month's SL system experience, I'm starting missing Leopard. How about Leopard Installation on G41M-ES2L ? Googled many... I make it!

Hello all,

i'me running SL on the G41M-ES2L every worked fine with many guides around.

but yesterday i wanted to give 64bit kernel boot a try (my EFI is 64bit so should be ok), indeed it booted nicely but i seem to have lost 2 features:

-one being the SOUND :) , no sound anymore when booting 64bit

-the other being the sleep function (sleepEnabler i guess), my computer no more goes off in sleep

i guess i need 64bit drivers (kexts, DSDT or so , i'm new to mac world and don't understand much) for these 2 little guys

can anyone help me on that :) ?

what I know:

- i know kext are like drivers and how to intall them via kext helper

- i know how to remove a kext (via a terminal line)

- i know the DSDT manages a lot of info but looks complicated

in 32 bit I ran myhack installer and everything worked nicely (lan, audio, graphic 9500GT) and even boot without cd/key

but in 64 bit boot i have the sound and sleep problem :(

THANKS in advance !

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all,

i'me running SL on the G41M-ES2L every worked fine with many guides around.

but yesterday i wanted to give 64bit kernel boot a try (my EFI is 64bit so should be ok), indeed it booted nicely but i seem to have lost 2 features:

-one being the SOUND :) , no sound anymore when booting 64bit

-the other being the sleep function (sleepEnabler i guess), my computer no more goes off in sleep

i guess i need 64bit drivers (kexts, DSDT or so , i'm new to mac world and don't understand much) for these 2 little guys

can anyone help me on that :) ?

what I know:

- i know kext are like drivers and how to intall them via kext helper

- i know how to remove a kext (via a terminal line)

- i know the DSDT manages a lot of info but looks complicated

in 32 bit I ran myhack installer and everything worked nicely (lan, audio, graphic 9500GT) and even boot without cd/key

but in 64 bit boot i have the sound and sleep problem :)

THANKS in advance !

post-540540-1270134169_thumb.png

resolve_G41M_ES2L_update_to_10.6.3_problem.zip

• 1 month later...

Hello, thx for good work.

But the Soundcard works under 10.6.3 :-)

But i have onle onalog out put ? I woud dolby digital out put over coxial digital output, what must i doo to get it ?

PS sorry for my bad englisch

• 2 weeks later...

I have the G41M-ES2L and would like to find a resolution to the 888B sound issue, if I look in system preferences-sound there are no sound devices at all. Hmmmm..... This is a very good way of installing SL and I am grateful of all the hard work that others have done.

• 1 month later...
I have the G41M-ES2L and would like to find a resolution to the 888B sound issue, if I look in system preferences-sound there are no sound devices at all. Hmmmm..... This is a very good way of installing SL and I am grateful of all the hard work that others have done.

voodoohda 2.61 by slice

Some internal mistakes eliminated.

VoodooHDA.kext_261_Leo.zip ( 80.11K )

VoodooHDA.kext_261_Snow.zip ( 153.2K )